Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Daily diet watch 5

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You all are SO good - Lady losing four pounds, think I found e'm! B - cheerios/plain L Skim Milk Latte, Lowfat Yogurt, Handful Almonds D Beef Sandwich w/out the bun, diet Pepsi S (Snack)- No Pudge Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bar (Yum w/out the guilt.) CobenFan Oh - and Red Hots periodically thoughout the day, I'm down to about 1/2 bag a day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, Hummy, Lady Not to leave you hanging girls -- I am not eating anything that I want to be held accountable for! But I am having FUN with it ! LOL. CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys don't even have long enough to read all the garbage I've been chowin down, my fingers would get sore from typing. I have been stair climbing and hitting the treadmill. But I have not made it to China yet, which is where I will need to go to reconcile my caloric intake (*GRIN*) Who says FOOD can't be a good reward?? :8o: Doing the best I can and NOT SMOKING!!!! SWEEEEEET. Lady - no parking lot shuffles???? that just makes me laugh becuz I picture you running around a small parking lot almost in a circle like crazy girl for your 20 minute break time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, GEEZ - all I do is eat, it keeps me happy and not smoking. Although I have always eaten a lot!! How do you guys find time to run the treadmill and do walks? By the time I get home from work have dinner, walk dog and do kids homework and lunches, it's 9 pm! I am seriously thinking I need a treadmill for my home. My kids would use it too, they love to walk but in the Midwest the weather is usually crummy if it's not June July or August. Healer, I am happy for you back in your jeans. I am starting to spill over a couple of pairs of dress pants. Cannot afford all new work clothes, so HOPE THIS GOES AWAY SOON!!! I have a business trip next month and have to be in the public eye all day, don't want to be the BLIMPIE CHICK! LOL. So, suffice it to say, I'm feeling SWELL about not smoking but concerned about all things gastric! CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Hummy, I think I just needed a little encouragement and practical advise. I'll make sure I eat something healthy ever couple of hours.I'm also gonna try the 10 minute SparkStart. Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you CobenFan, I've been eating like a pig these past few days.And it's not from hunger.I joined sparkpeople recently but eveything is a little overwhelming right now.One thing I won't do is smoke a cigarette. I'm spending way too much time in front of the computer trying to navigate around websites. I think I just need to get off my big butt and move around. As a matter of fact-I'll do that right now. Talk to you all later. Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rusty! I really want this gym membership. I've meant to join now for 2 years. It just keeps getting put off. They have a great on-site daycare, and I am looking forward to some alone time. They also offer classes for my one daughter. We can even do them together. I have a treadmill. It's even out. But I have yet to hop on. I dont know what is wrong with me! I do walk almost every day. I'm forcing myself to get outdoors more. It's hard for me, but I'm trying hard not to freak when I am out!! I have many DVD's too. Again, they are covered with dust. I need some energy and motivation. I'm hoping these walks will do just that. I might be visiting the doc soon. Maybe he has some majic potion or something like that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
I forgot to add that 2 days ago I walked a lot! I also walked to girls to the park to play!! Yesterday: B- coffee!! S- 2C Quaker Oh's w/Fat Free milk L- McDonalds double cheeseburger kids meal, with fries and water to drink. S- Nothing, as lunch was at 1:30 D- 1 slice of Pepperoni pizza, 7 buffalo wings, water to drink Okay, yesterday was one of my bussiest days! Got my daughter rushed off to school, came to ssc for a few minutes, took my other daughter to grandmas house, went to my hair appointment, picked up my daughter, took her to playgroup at gymnastics, went to McDonalds with everyone, picked up other daughter, came home for 15 minutes, and then walked to her school for their fair. Walked around for 3.5 hours and walked home to devour some pizza!! Not a good day at all. Today will be better I promise. Havent joined the gym yet. Still a little short on $$$, but soon...... Until then, the walk to the park is gonna have to do!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
I'm takin' the plunge. I have to have accountability for myself. I have to do this for my daughter as well. We are both walking on fire! And with a very upsetting night, I figure I will do this with people who actually care, and support me, not just criticize, and tell me what I am doing wrong. Okay, enough whinning. B- coffee S- 2C Quaker Oh's with 1/2C Fat Free Milk L- 1.5C Cottage cheese w/sliced cucumber and a few peanuts on top S- ummmmm..... I forgot. Maybe nothing. D- Bowl of corn, sliced Kiwi, 2 frozen burritos Then I macked 4 chocolate chip cookies left over from Easter as I had that upsetting phone call from my mom. :( I'll try harder today. I have to not let people control my emotions and my life. That has led to emotional eating. The insanity has to stop!!! :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Sorry that I cannot join in, just yet. Every day brings me closer to this thread. I will get there soon..... I have to, or else I have to buy a whole new wardrobe!!! No, just kidding. I am getting a little more organized with my Diabetic meals and snacks, and when I get it into my thick head, I will be here!! I had a question though.... When I read about the stuff you guys eat, almost everyone puts flax on the menu. I was just curious....... I have started to take flaxseed oil, and I was wondering how many use the seed, pills, or the oil??? And some list it like: ww toast, flax, cottage cheese, etc.. etc.. So is that the ground seed?????? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: