Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Daily diet watch 5

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oops! I forgot to add the box of Junior Mints the other day. I'm have to start writing things down , I guess! Yesterday: b. coffee, Shredded grain cereal w/enriched rice milk and banana slices s. Probably nothing l. 3/4 c. teriyaki chicken, 3/4 c. steamed rice, 3 pot stickers, 1/2 c. sauteed veggies - from Japanese cafe. s. 1 oz. white mocha - "easy on the syrup", bottle of good ginger ale d. cajun rice and beans w/hot sausage (from scratch), green salad w/ ground flax, sunflower seeds, parmesan, mandarins w/flax oil balsamic vinegrette, french bread. I felt like I ate too much yesterday, but for the most part, it was high quality foods. It's better than a bunch of junk. Time for another round of "1500 or bust" ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm going to jump into this accountability group! I may lose more weight just from the extra typing. Today: b. black coffee, bowl of shredded, organic cold cereal w/ rice milk l. one whole orange, 2 slices toast w/ marg. and organic peanut butter s. coffee w/ 2 tbl half/half handful of small pretzel twists d. 2 cups of spaghetti w/canned, meatless sauce, 2 slices french bread w/ marg. Neat. This way I can critique my eating habits. This was not a good diet day. Tomorrow will be better. Exercise: I double-dug a 4x4 section of my garden space, turned the compost pile, planted beets and walked the dog. gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,441 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 3galeh!, Rusty and HealerWithin. Congrats on your 30 day celebration Healer. Sorry I missed the party and cake. I'm assuming it was diet cake? :) I will gladly tell you my menu for the day since I was a good girl. B- 2 pieces ww toast with marg and 2 cups tea. L- chicken salad sand. with low fat mayo and lg glass of water. S- Another chicken sand. with glass 2% milk. I'm just now realizing as I write this, I didn't snack today. WooHoo!! I will be having popcorn in a bit while I watch Lost though. It's a weekly tradition. Have a great night Ladies! [color=Red] redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/thfat.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Hey all my calorie-counting friends!! Had a great day today, food-wise and life-wise. I really am starting to lose some of my extra winter fat. I don't need that insulation anymore now that spring has sprung!! Yippee!! Lady I promise not to mix up our pictures next time. :) Just a little side note to any other quitters who have been smoking their food lately, you will eventually stop doing that and your weight gain will even out. I even had a co-worker tell me that I haven't gained any weight since my quit. Not true, but I thanked her any way. Have a great night. B- 2 pieces of toast L- teen burger at A@W,( treat for me, hardly ever eat at fast food rest.) S- turkey sand with low fat mayo. Oh yeah, excercise! I was scouring the malls today looking for summer clothes, I think that counts. Plus I work at a job where on a busy day I probably walk about 1 mile. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $805.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Hi Everybody! HumBee, I'm sending good wishes to you and your son. I hope he has a speedy recovery. It's a beautiful spring day here today. I will now be spending lots more time outside getting much needed fresh air and excercise. Yesterdays' menu.... B- 2 poached eggs on toast. Tea L- Thinking, thinking.... I guess I skipped it. S- 1 pc. bnless, skless chicken breast with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes. Glass of pepsi. Excercise- 5 hours of yard work.... digging out flower beds, hauling dirt, trimming trees, raking grass, lugging and dumping 7 - 30 litre bags of dirt. Bossing the hubby around as to how to edge flower beds. lol. Great fun!! Explains how I missed lunch. Love spring time!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/th3_14_1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $821.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK here goes.... I've been back on the diet watch since last Sunday when I got on the scale and was 40 lbs over what I was when I quit 7 months ago. I was at 205 Sunday!! Since then I have eaten the same things for the past 6 days and doing 20 to 40 minutes on the treadmill every day. I plan to cut back to every other day on the treadmill after another week. I have lost 4 lbs in 6 days WHOO!! WHOO!! Here is what I have been eating. B- 1 banana Snack- fat free yogurt Lunch- turkey on wheat w/ an apple Snack- 2 oz. motzerella cheese Dinner- 3 eggs scrambled with salsa. I know it sounds boring but I'm a single dad and too lazy to prepare much. I drink a lot of water and I'm feeling great. I will probably increase my breakfast and add another snack once I get another 10 lbs off. I feel like I'm starting to form some good habits for a change!! If I can do it I know y'all can too!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $731.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I posted this recipe on this forum as a new thread and it was deleted, so I will see if it "sticks' here. This is a very very low fat and very filling recipe: TACO SOUP 1 can each of the following: black beans, chili beans (mild), kidney beans, diced tomatoes (with or without spices), corn (NOT the creamed kind) 1 small dry package of ranch dressing 1 small package of taco seasoning ground round (precooked and drained) OR cooked and diced chicken breast. Do NOT drain any of the juices out of the can- that's what makes the liquid- it turns out to be more like a stew. I added a bit of tomato sauce at the end to make more liquid. Hubby liked it. Is really good and filling. Makes enough to feed at least 4 people. Serve with salad and grainy bread or rolls. old fat SILVER [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1306.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Healer.... do you have the SSC IM messenger downloaded? If so....I'm on now and would like to talk to you. Lady
Hello everyone... 3 day weekend ahead (Thank God) 2 more weeks of classes so I'll be spending it finishing up a project, a term paper (my last one), and studying for finals. Oh My...I'm almost there..... Here comes the anxiety. yesterday b. coffee/trail mix l. roast beef sandwich d. spaghetti today b. coffee l. left over sketti d. cheeseburger/fries (running late and starving) exercise... walked up 4 flights of stairs at school... 2 outside and 2 inside. That's about it. I'm gonna be stressing the next couple of weeks but it should be downhill from there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1001 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Yesterday... Not a good day at all.. b. coffee, wheat thins l. heathy choice french bread pizza s. M&Ms and then Skittles (selling candy for March of Dimes) d. Cheeseburger happy meal s. apple pie Exercise none.... Today so far... b. coffee, cheerios (no milk) l. will be ham and cheese sandwhich. d. I dunno [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,829 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1018.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: