Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Yes it's me again & another mostly lousy day.  

I went into school to finish one of my computer tests today & wanted to sit down at a computer.  Unfortunately this girl ( a ignorant twit) had her backpack on the seat.  I politely asked can I sit here?  She told me go sit somewhere else, in a very ignorant tone.  I was furious, I said something to her.  Then considering all the off the wallers (I think I made the word up myself) I didn't say anything else and just moved to the other side of the room far away from her.  Then you wouldn't believe what the twit said, she shouted over "come and sit here if you like", I couldn't believe it. No way was I sitting near her.
I just shook my head and put my hand up motioning no.

What did I tell you there are a lot more of them to deal with this semester.  Hey and this is only the beginning of the semester, heaven help me.

Hi Ya Diva:

Thanks for asking, not so good today.  It's a whole new bunch in my classes this semester and some of them are just  off the wall.  Today I feel like I was in the twilight zone.  I told my mum how I felt and she said I felt the same way at the beginning of the 1st semester, she's right.  It took me quite a while to adjust, some of these people don't act like adults.  When the teacher is talking they are having side conversations, or eating chips from a rather noisy plastic bag.

If I could only learn not to let them get to me, ignore them as my purpose there is to learn so that I can eventually one day get back to work.  You see I''m not really good at handling twits who don't take others into consideration.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cm,

So how are you doing today?
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You'll do great, Caden.  Aha, funny how the things we once hated become our favorite activities! 

Karla,

Vent all the stuff that's bothering you on the forum.  Maybe putting them down and reviewing them can help you sort through them and take em out one by one.  This usually helps me, since my mind runs like the energizer bunny...also try the program here and relaxation techniques.  The combination of these will help put you on an even keel, and help you plan to make goals, such as, what specifically would you like to leave for your daughter?  (house, business, etc..)

We're here the whole way, keep your head up!

Cheers!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
karla,

I am sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time.

You mentioned that you are on a waiting list to see a counsellor. Often agencies will offer other support services to you while you wait to see a counsellor. They will also know of other resources or agencies available that they can refer you to, be it for one session or more while you wait to get in. Perhaps try speaking to your therapist about this.

Have you started to work through the sessions? There are tools available here that will help you get through these times. The program will teach you such things as how to challenge your negative thoughts as well as understand your own moods and emotions.

Receiving new medical information can always be stressful. Have you spoke to your doctor about your concerns? They will often be able to give your more information about the procedure and hopefully this will ease some of your worries.

Please continue to post karla and let us know how you are doing. As cm mentioned, you are also welcome to start your own thread when you need to!

Sarah, Health Educator
Hey Karla:

Sorry to hear about your situation.  I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I started this post way back on Sept 13/08 & it has been my personal venting ground shall we say.  Just like Diva has "Diva news".

So how about creating a post for yourself where you can vent all you want?

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEy Karla,

I really wish I had something helpful to tell you. My brain isn't fully awake and I find being up past 7 am, well, no my thing... I just wanted to let you know though that we are here for you. I remember having this aweful feeling that I was in a deep black pit and I was not ever going to see the light again! I remember thinking, why am I still breathing, shouldn't the pain kill me? I remember thinking it would be just as well. And then, with work, patience, time, it got better. It was a bit up and down, getting better. So the downs were scary and discouraging. But it all taught me a lot about love, life, myself... Mostly, it got better. This too shall pass. I know, in the meantime, while you are in the dark, it feels horrible and forever. But it is not forever. With the help of the people here, the help of this program, and eventually a therapist, you will get better. Mostly, you courage and you strength and you courage will help you through. So hang in there. We are here for you. And please feel free to vent with us anytime.
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hi

feel like a big old rant so hear i go, PAS have got worse over the past week and so has depression (still on the waiting list to see a councillor), everthing seems to be going wrong. hardly getting any work at the moment because of  the credit crunch which obviously means a strain on the finances which is very stressful in its self. i found myself constantly worrying over ths and crying because i just dont no what to do?! i feel physically i cannot cope anymore and feel very alone, noone to turn to because i bug them with my problems all the time. i feel im trapped in a room and cant get out because there is no way out. its like what is the point of living?im going to die when i havent accomplished anything, and feel bad for my daughter for this leaving her in the lurch with no future and nothing to leave her.

i also have had a biopsy recently which showed abnormal cells on my cervix and have to have treatment to treat the pre-cancerous cells which scares the hell out of me and really not good at taking pain at the moment dont no why never used to affect me even when i gave birth with no pain relief.

any help??

xx

Hi Ya Joe:

Aw tanks (no it's not a typo) Joe, for believing in me even when I don't.  I know I have the strength it's just that sometimes, well it's hard to find.  Everyone of us is a very strong person to go through this (I was going to say nightmare, but someone said calling it this only gives it more power & we don't want that do we) challenge.  It's just so energy draining at times.

I never thought I would say this but thank goodness I go back to school next week and I also start volunteering, which should be interesting - I hope.

I hope your dreams will come true this year as I believe in you.

Hi Ya Karla:

Funny how I think I am the only one who is experiencing these feelings and then I come on here & what do you know - I'm not the only one.  I know one thing definitely not to do at night and that is read books or visit web sites (Panic Center not included) pertaining to Mood Disorders, they can confuse the heck out of you and get you down.  So take my advice stay away from them, I'm going to take my own advice too.

As for what to do at night do you knit or crochet?  I do, I like crocheting better, the trouble is my mum says if you stick it in the ground it would grow faster, which gives you an indication of how fast I crochet.  I started crocheting a bear years ago, it didn't have a head so mum ended up crocheting it's head.  I have quite a few (I'm not going to say exactly how many) unfinished projects.  I might try to finish at least one of them - might.  Next week I start back at school so my nights will start to get busy again with homework - hooray!

Not a good day today either, a lot of frustration and anger.  Hopefully tomorrow will be at least a little better.

Hope you had a good day.

Reading this thread: