Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Breanne:

How am I feeling today in one word - pathetic. 

Last night I was very depressed and today very angry.  You see my dad bugs the hell out of me, I won't go into detail suffice to say he has ruined our lives (mum & I).  So even the sight of him just sends me and the anger is getting worse.  I don't even like admitting this, you know in this past 2 years I have had to deal with so many emotions.  Panic, depression, fear, anxiety but this anger I just don't know how to deal with it.  I feel I can't take anymore of this, it's by far the most destructive by that I mean emotionally. 

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

i agree walking is brilliant foe exercise its not to much exertion but very good for clearing the mind, getting the blood flowing and for your body.

i also like reading, reflexology or maybe a nice hot bath with bubbles and candles and pamper yourself?

hope you are better today 

xx

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

Sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend. How are you feeling today?
As for a hobby, despite to cold weather, you should try going for walks, either at night time, between class, or on the way to school. Walking is great exercise, it allows you some time to yourself, exposes you to some fresh air and gives you a little break from "the real world"!
Members, what are some activities that you do to relax?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Hi Ya Diva:

You know it's funny but when you have this disorder you think everyone has good days, no emotional up/downs, no agitation, no anger and then you find out by talking to people other than on this site that they too experience some of the same things.  The only difference is they haven't been diagnosed with a disorder. 

Thanks for reminding me it's just part of life at times.  I guess I just get really fed up with the way things are at times and that fuels the anger and agitation.  My mum keeps telling me to find some kind of hobby to occupy my mind & you know what she is ususally right.  Maybe I will try crocheting again, although anytime I do try my mum jokingly tells me if you plant it in the ground it would grow quicker.  Gives you an insight into how fast I crochet, I do have a lot of unfinished projects - ha, ha.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Thanks Diva
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CM,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough day. It is hard having a bad day when you are starting to feel better, it feels like such a step backwards. But it ISN'T! Everybody has bad days, everybody! It is normal. And this too shall pass! Hang in there and it will get better. As long as the ups are bigger then the down, you keep going up! Life is a cycle but it does get better! So hang in there and remember we are here for you! 

Hi Ya Guys:

Yes it's another lousy day again.  It's the emotional roller coaster of agitation, anger and depression today, whoopee.

Having quite a time of it this weekend what with the blackout and all, just to make it interesting I can't hear very well in my left ear.  I feel like I just want to squeal or something, maybe it's the fact I can't get out as much as I would like to or being back at school.  You go along thinking you're doing pretty good and then it hits you over the head so to speak.  A while ago I just didn't want anyone to bother me I was so ticked off.  I don't like feeling this way especially when it involves other people.

Sometimes it really is a struggle to get through the day & this is one of them.

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CM,

I agree with the others in that you will adjust and then do great yet again. You go girl! Woohoo! 

I do agree with Joe in that if you only focus on the negative, your life will seem negative. You should get back to those lists of your where you have to write down three good things a day! It is a great way to get started. Plus, challenge those negative thoughts! If you seek beuty in the world you would be surprised how much of it your find!

As for you thinking you can't do it when you can, well I guess with enough successes, eventually you will realize that you can do this and the sky is the limit. So hang in there, you will adjust! We are all proud of you and here for you!
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep your head up, Caden!  Just like last semester, you'll adjust, and you'll do great.  Just remember, times are always hard, if you don't allow yourself to see positives (especially during these times), then there won't be any.  Force the positive, and deny those negative thoughts!

Cheers,

Hi Ya Breanne:

Well put it this way I have noticed my mood has gotten worse since starting 2nd semester.  I just said to my mum I was happier when I was on our Christmas vacation, and I didn't think that would be possible.  Yes, you're right I did get through 1st semester and didn't think I would.  I got through the break and didn't think I could.  Do you see a theme here?  I do, I don't think I can but I do, makes total sense right?

I know I went through the same thing 1st semester and then I adjusted a bit to my classmates, but having said that now a whole new bunch has been added to the colorful mixture shall we say.  The one I spoke about in the earlier post was one of the new mixture, whoa!

As for looking on the positive, not one of my qualities I'm afraid.  I just can't find any positives being subjected to what I am. 

Thank-you my on-line cheering section, with me in good times and bad.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

You'll get through it! Focus on the positive...you got 80% on your computer test!
Good luck CM
We're always here... rooting for you!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: