Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Breanne:

My mum has suggested that if I am the same situation again I just get up and walk away as I have the right not to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere again.

I have just sent an email to my professors stating the same and letting them know the affect it has had on me. 
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

i agree read back of the sessions etc...

i mean you have a great attitude, very strong person whether you believe it or not!!! and no you will not let them people stop you from reaching your goal just like you will stop these attacks and get back to work. You can do it and were all hear for you and to watch you do it! 

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there CM. Would it help if you went back and did some exercises on challenging your negative thoughts?
Members, any suggestions?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Hi Ya Guys:

You know I haven't felt the same since the incident last Thursday, I am more panicky. I'm actually getting panicky even about little things like not being able to eat my apple at the time I usually do.  This really bothers me as I thought I was mastered the Panic Disorder or do you never really get over it & if something triggers it here you go all over again having to battle it?  I'm not really feeling like myself, you know that feeling where you feel like you're not really here.  I know the group process had an impact but I just didn't realize how much.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

What a great attitude to have!

Please keep us posted on how everything goes.

Sarah, Health Educator

Hi Ya Diva:

I told mum today that I will not let that arrogant person stop me from reaching my goal of getting back to work.  I see school as a stepping stone for me to ease back into the work force and I have worked to hard & have overcome so much to let this bump in the road (shall we say) derail me.  So I will try and persevere the best I can.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CM,

I am sorry to hear you had such a difficult experience at school. It is really too bad. But I do believe you can get through it and get back to feeling better. You have been doing really well and you can get back to that!

I do get the dog analogy. And I do agree that events can change us and how we feel. But there is one difference. As humans we have control over what we think and how we perceive things. So with proper thought challenging or sometimes just acceptance of how things are, we can get our peace of mind back. And that is why I believe, firmly beleive that you can get over this and back to where you were and even better! So hang in there hun, it does get better. And everybody has setbacks. It is normal! I have had tons of them. But when you fall on the road, just take time to calm down, then dust yourself off and keep going! Who wants to sit on the road? I really believe in you and that you can do this. 

I am sorry to hear things are rough for you. And I truely empathise with you. Take time to be kind with yourself and be good to yourself. Sending you hugs!

Hi Ya Karen:

You know what the guidelines were already established last week in our first class.  Shortly after that people were already breaking them and also each class I could be in a different group.  It just happened that one of the most dominant people was in my group this time - lucky me.

As for recuperating, I'm afraid today wasn't much better.  It really affected me what happened yesterday, I am more on edge (if that's possible I was bad enough before)

I honestly feel as if my life is falling apart at the seams, I just can't take anymore of this emotional roller coaster & neither can my poor mum.  Not only does she have to deal with me but my dad who has dementia and is driving us crazy.  So you see for us life right now is becoming intolerable.  I have overcome so much since last year and all without meds, but now to have this happen is just too much.

I told my mum it's like what our next door neighbor did which I found reprehensible.  He  owns the house and rents the first floor to a pleasant fellow who has the friendliest pit bull I have ever seen.  The owner of the house has a twit of a dog who bit my mum before we moved in.  Well I was appalled one day when the owner told me there was a staged dog fight between the 2 dogs because they didn't get along.  They both had muzzles on and fought, The end result was the sweetie of a pit bull won the fight and you know what the 2 dogs have never been the same since.  The pit bull who never used to bark now barks quite a bit and the other twit who used to bark all the time doesn't bark as much.  My point in this lenghty story is that the dogs were forced to do something and the result has been a change in both of them.  I have been told by the owner of the house that their dog is now frightened of the pit bull.

The moral of this story is when you put something/someone in a situation that they do not want to be in the first place a change can take place and in my case it was for the worse.  Even though I'm not constantly thinking about what happened I know it has affected me. I just feel I can't handle things anymore & this gets me really down because I was doing well.

Hi Ya Karla:

Thanks for your input.

Last night I comprised an email to my professors & then I remembered that I read about not to send things like letters or emails in the heat of the moment.  So I have saved it as a draft, I am going to send it but it needs re-worded.
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cadenmccallum,

Sorry to hear of your difficult night...hope you recooperate and get in some rest. 

Working in groups can be difficult.  It is helpful to form group norms in the beginning to avoid the kinds of problems that may arise with group work.  Do other members of your group share the same thoughts?  Perhaps you can raise the issue with your group and come up with some resolutions.  How does that sound?

Wishing you success in your group assignment

Karen, Health Educator

Reading this thread: