Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Gene:

Nice to hear from you again.

I did receive a message from my professor regarding our group process class.  She said she would like to she what could be done to try and accommodate me.  So at least that sounds hopeful.

Thanks for thinking of me, hope all is well with you.

Take care

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya CM,

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough week.

As for not going to class it is ok, I am sure you will catch up just fine! 

As for slipping into depression again, well I totally understand. Have you spoken to a psychiatrist or psychologist or your doctor about this? There are many health professionnals out there that could help you! I totally get the lack of motivation and feeling sick and tired! Hang in there, it does get better.

As for feeling like the life has been sucked out of you and feeling discouraged, that might just be depression talking, if you know what I mean (which, again, I totally understand!). 

As for going to depression center. Well, atm, it is the program I am working. I have done the panic center program and have finished it with great results. My anxiety is pretty close to being completely under control again! I just have a feeling that once the depression is gone the remainder of the anxiety will leave also. So that is why I am doing the depression center program. But I think only one program should be done at a time if not it is confusing and overwhelming! So I suggest you do the program you think you need most and work from there!

Anyway, I hope you had a good day today. Please let me know how you are!

Hi Ya Diva:

Thanks for asking. 

I didn't go to class today because it was group process & I just couldn't face it as the week  hasn't been very good.  In fact I think I'm slipping into depression again (this will be the 3rd time).  I don't seem to have much motivation, I had more last semester.  

You know I'm really sick & tired of fighting one disorder after another, there was a time last year when I actually envisioned getting back to work - now I'm not so sure.  I just feel as if the life has been sucked out of me.  Well at this point the way I'm talking maybe I should go to the Depressioncenter.net.

Take care Diva

Hey CM,

How are you today? Was wondering how you had been doing?
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CM

Long time again... Sorry. What can I say? I know exactly what you mean by feeling like you have lost all your progress you have made. But that is never really the case. Each time you fight to get over a bad patch you become tougher and more resilient. You learn from the past. Try to remember previous bad times and how you felt then that you wuld never feel better. But you have flt better at times since then, haven't you? Or at least you have had good days. The one constant is life is that everything changes. Everything is impermanent and nothing is cast in stone. If you are experiencing a bad period then draw on your past strength and remember that it will pass. Like Sarah mentioned- what did you do in the past that allowed you to brush off problems so readily? I know that from own experience that one of my causes of anxiety was a loss of faith and a change in worldview. I was kind of left with a void where I used to have faith. Perhaps you to have experienced such a crisis of faith since 2002 and now? And by faith I don't only mean religious faith. It can also be faith in your parents, friends, society etc. Anyway I am rambling now so sorry. But when you are in a good place you easily handle problems. The question to ask is what has changed between now and then?

Anyway. Thinking about you and good luck with the classes I hope they go well. 
P.S. The know it all's are just insecure and thereofre need to showeverybody how smart they are. I know I am one!!!!!! :)      
Hello CM,

I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time! Situations like that can be tough. but you can do it! I have seen you do so many wonderful things, you can get through this too! 

I think it is great you are working on lessons to get through this. Keep being proactive. 

So you think one of your classes was the source of your uneasiness? What feelings come to mind when you think of it? What are the thoughts attached to those feelings? Can you challenge any of them? I find thought challenging to be a great way to get over things and in a way take back the power we give to our fears. But hey, that is just me.

I wish I had words of wisdom for you to help you. Hang in there CM, you can do this! We are here for you and feel free to vent with us anytime. 
Breanne:

I did go through the session last night & will again.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

Have you gone through session 15 in the auxiliary? It's entitled "Shyness & Sensitivity".,  I suggest you go through it.
Members, what are your thoughts?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Well I just thought I needed to write this.

I have been feeling extremely self-conscious lately, to the point where any time I am outside I feel less than people.  I feel like a social misfit.  I didn't always feel this bad, I really think that the Group Process classes which had such a negative impact on me started it.

I feel I don't fit in any where, I can't work, I don't fit in the class I'm in.  My life is becoming more and more intolerable and I don't know what to do.

Hi Ya Karen:

I have thought about it & one thing that pops to mind is that I felt accepted with the people I worked with at that time, I felt like I belonged.  As for relating that to today, no can do.  I'm in with people who have issues ranging from Schizophrenics, addicts to people with depression.

As for giving up well quite a few days I feel like that, tonight I just felt terrified and panicky.  You never know the minute, you think you are doing ok and then wham.

I just don't know anymore & I'm fed up battling these disorders.

Reading this thread: