Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Breanne:

Cleaning my room is a daunting task, if you saw it you would know why.  I will try doing little bits at a time, that way it won't overwhelm me.  As I get very easily overwhelmed these days, along with getting very angry and irritated.

As for books to read the only one that comes to mind right now is about writing english essays, maybe I'll try it & see how it goes.  

Another lousy day again, I wish I could say it wasn't, but my dad irritates the heck out of me.  Now with me being off school for a month I am home more and seeing him more - talk about stressful.   I have to find some way to deal with it because I don't like all the anger.

Oh well I guess that's enough complaining for tonight.

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Caden, thank God for the patient listeners that make up the mental health team!

And sorry for not replying over the weekend, I typically use that time for challenging and retrospection.  A lack of structure definitely doesn't help, distractions are a must for me at these times.  Although I love reading, I have to be interested in the topic in order to actually sit down and read, otherwise my mind wanders like a leaf in the wind.  Cleaning up my room always feels good afterward...feels organized!

Cheers!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes! Great idea CM! Make cleaning up/ re organizing your room a goal for you to achieve
Since you do enjoy reading, perhaps you could find a series of books (not on panic or depression!) on a topic you enjoy, or by an author that you like.
Members, read any good books lately?

Let us know how your clean up/re decorating goes!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Hi Ya Breanne:

Thanks for being there.  I didn't consider myself much of a reader until I got Panic, Depression and then GAD.  I have read so much on these disorders that my social worker said I could teach people about them.  So I made a promise to my other social worker (what 2 social workers you say? - they both deal with different aspects of my disorder).  So getting back to the promise I made it was to stop reading books related to the disorders because it was making me worse.

I know I will have to try to develop other hobbies or interests.  I meant to say to Karla, has she seen my room?  It looks like a disaster zone, throw things here and there.  It was like that since I first took the Panic Disorder then when I got better last year I cleaned it up.  Now since the Depression and GAD it's back to a mess again, so this could be a major thing to do.

Thank God tomorrow is a new day. 

Onward and upward.

Hi Ya Karla:

Yep evenings are definitely worse for me, you see one of my biggest fears is not being able to get out at night for a walk.
Also I have noticed since last Tuesday when my Christmas vacation started from school my moods have been fluctuating more.  Getting more depressed, angry and irritable and I don't like it one bit.

In the daytime I am out walking as much as I can.  You're right about doing more exercise, I was doing my Tai Chi daily outside but stopped it when the weather got worse.  I will have to schedule a time for it indoors and I was thinking about doing my Mindful Hatha Yoga again - at home. I took a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course -MBSR- last year (I have stopped practicing my MBSR, which totally defeats the purpose).  I have MBSR cd's which I will start using again.  I can & will not let myself slip into the "pit" again.

I'm glad that you have a part-time job, I think that's part of my downfall not being able to work.  Oh well when I start back to school in Janyuary I am volunteering at our college's library, so I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your advice

Take care of yourself

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. Working on your essay is a great idea. Do you enjoy reading? How about you take up reading during the evenings?
Members, what do you do at night time to keep yourselves busy?
Hang in there CM, tomorrow is a new day

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

do you find your evenings worse?mine are to i get really down and panicky and feel depressed. if your not at school why dont you start doing some exercise during the day?running or going for a walk it will pass some of the time, or have a big tidy up in your house?!

im just trying to keep myself busy, im reading more n doing alot more house holdy things and i have a part-time job to get me out of the house. also remember to pamper yourself!!!

hope you feel better

xx

Hi Ya Guys:

Am I the only one posting here this weekend, has everyone got rid of their anxiety/panic?

Another not so good a day, depressed right now.  I don't know what it is maybe the fact I wont be in school for nearly a month now.  No structure, no homework (what am I saying, that's a good thing no homework - right?)  Boy I never thought I would miss school.  

It seems the nights are worse, during the day I'm usually running around here and there. 

Oh well, since no one else is here I'll just sign off now & do my english essay.

I can only hope tomorrow is a better day.

Hi Ya Joe:

Glad to hear things are going well for you and a big congratulations on challenging your fears.  Not an easy feat.

I don't know about the psychologists having lives as boring as trees (ha, ha), but I do think a certain type of personality is required to sit all day & listen to other people's problems.  Thank god there are people like them out there to listen to people like us.

Happiness now there's something we can't get enough of in our life.  Way to go!

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Btw, great job on the success tonight!  I may have suggested it, but you actually did it.  You call me wise, I call you an action hero!

Cheers!

Reading this thread: