Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

What happened in that class that spurred this change on?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Diva:

Thanks for asking, not too well at this point.  Depression has I believe set in, this will be my 3rd round.  You know I read ( I read way too much) that some people with anxiety develop depression and I thought at the time at least I don't have that again.  I really think the depression started with my group process class.  Now I don't seem to have an interest in anything, I have to do my final english essay & I just can't bring myself to do it.  Last semester I was gung ho, had a purpose and I can't believe it at this point but I actually thought of myself as more than a panic, gad, depression victim.  Now all I focus on is how my head feels, how self-conscious I feel, how dead inside I feel.

Oh well enough about all this feeling.  Hope you are doing well.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Cm,

Was wondering how you were doing? I hope this post finds you well! 
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cadenmccallum,

How do you challenge your other anxious thoughts?  I know you have read these questions before, but it is helpful to answer some of these questions everytime you encounter anxious or negative thoughts: 

1. Is it "true"?
2. How do I know it’s true?
3. Is it 100% true? (remember something that is 75% or 99% true is  
    not 100% true)
4. What's the evidence for it being true?
5. What’s the evidence against it being true?
6. Has it ever happened before?
7. What's different now?
8. If it were true, how bad would it really be?
9. What's the worst thing that could happen?
10. If the worst thing happened, how bad would it really be?

Please feel free to add any tips or strategies you find helpful when trying to challenge your anxious thoughts.

Take deep breaths and try to relax.

Karen, Health Educator

Hi Ya Karen:

Thanks for your reply & I will let you guys know about my new treatments.

I guess one question plagues me & that is how do I handle when the intense thought comes to mind that something is going to happen to me.  Sometimes it just frightens the wits out of me & other times it just lingers for hours.  How do I deal with challenging that thought?  It's not as if it's a specific phobia I have to overcome, as I have done all my exposure work already.

This really bothers me.
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cadenmccallum,

You're taking the right steps.  Let us know how that appointment goes with the new psychotherapist.  How are you doing with the exercises by the way?  If you have any questions or want some feedback, we are here , just post!

You will get through this!

Karen, Health Educator

Hi Ya Joe:

So nice to hear from you again and I'm glad things are going so well for you. 

I'm not doing as well as you.  I am down a lot, my moods are getting very low at times. In fact tonight it just seemed to plummet for no reason (that I know of).  From there it got worse because I thought this will be the 3rd round of depression for me & it frightened the wits out of me just thinking about the "pit" again.  So needless to say I got worked up into quite a frenzy and was very frightened something was going to happen to me.

I am scheduled to see a new psychotherapist in April and hoping to be accepted into a course of Cognitive Behavior Mindfulness Therapy or group therapy for Anxiety Disorders.  So hopefully something will help me along in my recovery process.

I often wondered how you were doing. 

You should have posted in the success stories section because it certainly is one, congratulations.
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Caden!

Sorry it's been so long, I've been out and about working on my anxiety.  Surprisingly, I've been doing really, really well with it too!

But, I was just stopping by to see how things are going.  Although it may not seem like it, having only one PA in awhile is a great thing!  I'm proud that you're doing so well!  And I understand the overwhelming feeling to change something about yourself.  I get those on occasion, and although I felt I couldn't change before, I've been pretty successful at doing it lately.  Sometimes though, I've found that these things I want to change aren't really necessary, it's just me overthinking the situation.

Be sure to keep your head up, Caden.  The light on the other side isn't that far away from you
Cheers from an old member of your online cheering section!

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Work slow to help you progress.  Use the dairy to help you pinpoint areas that trigger the attacks and work from there.  We are here if you need us.

Josie, Health Educator

Hi Ya Guys:

Well just had my first pa in quite some time & it was a bad one!  I felt as if I was going to lose control, sound familiar? No wonder with the negative way I talk to myself, I had just said to myself I'm in a bad state.  No one has ever said that to me, none of my social workers or my former psychotherapist it's just my opinion.

You ever feel like everything is so overwhelming what you have to change about yourself, I sure do.  I'm starting the program again in the hopes I can challenge my negative thinking which I know for a fact is at the root of this.

Gotta go I can feel another pa coming on - oh boy.

Reading this thread: