Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Therapeutic Effects of Gardening

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

There are changes and maybe they are too small for you to see from your side but I see them. You are different from when I first met you. Better, more relaxed and more sure of yourself. 

So now don't spoil it by looking for them, just keep doing what you are doing. Take my word for it they are there.

Davit

Ps nice sleeping sound isn't it.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I slept soundly last night, for the first time in a month. I see the garden differently now, and didn't notice the slugs I can see now.

If only I could see the world as it is, instead of as " I am", as the quote goes.
Hugs

One of the things that can cause a dry mouth is thrush. Usually caused by Candida. In men Candida causes chest pains when it gets into lungs. Most common symptom is a terrible craving for sugar or alcohol that makes me feel worse.
I get thrush from antibiotics.

Davit.
Davit,
I didn't get to go into the garden today, except to fix the clothesline, where the widget that secures them, was stuck.  Indecisive about getting medicine for my dry mouth,  I ended up at the computer, and managed to fix a graph I need for tracking some projects.

I'm going to clean the yard a bit at a time.
Hugs

Yes but it can be hard if leaves blow in. A bare earth policy is best but can't always be achieved so I try to till everything before the leaves blow in. Leaves and grass clippings are pretty clean but anything else might have eggs on it.

Davit
Hi Davit,
When you refer to trash, do you mean the dead plant material?
I was amazed at the history of the oregano plant with superstitions and benefits!  I keep regretting my life until now, since it seems to have been such a bunch of deadends.  Then again, I played my best hand, and now these hands are so weary.
My mushroom soup has Marjoram in it instead of Oregano. You can bury Oregano in snow and not hurt it, it is probably better for it but if you use salt on your walk it will kill it. Salt will kill or set back everything except plants with very deep roots like my bloody horse radish.

I find in gardening the only time to look at the big picture is when planting. After that except for enjoying the whole picture it is best to look at portions. I weed one section at a time the same with putting it to bed so to speak. The day I cleaned up and removed the Teepees for the pole beans that is all I did. The amount of work there is can be daunting. It is best to till under or haul away the trash off it so bugs can't over winter in it. The rest can be left till spring.

Davit
Davit,
I had to throw out my whole mushroom soup yesterday, after another stomach upset.  I'll bet I'm allergic to oregano as I am to garlic.

I did plant the oregano today, but might have to move it, since my snow shovelling will bury it.  But it's hardy and will grow back won't it?  I pulled out the bean stalk and the grid, and was feeling so disoriented, since even the garden has so much to do, that I feel my indecisiveness, and feel overwhelmed.  Usually I garden at night, but mom wanted to plant that gifted oregano plant, so I seized the opportunity to get outside with her.

Hope is something that planting brings, since the idea is that you'll be there to see it, so it choked me up when mom talked about planting it.  I had a rough night since I've been so exhausted, and was waking frequently to worries.  Writing them down allows me to go back to sleep and deal with them in the morning.

With worry, it's such a bad idea to start anything that involves calculating, thinking, analyzing since it gets the wheels in my tiny head going and they don't stop at night.   The book "Relgions of Man" talks about how insatiable we are, and that's the way I am with worry.
hugs

I have a good mushroom soup recipe. It is time consuming and fattening, it is also not your average canned soup. I don't like mushroom soup, but I like this. It has lots of mushrooms and onion and some pepper for colour, it also has garlic.
1/4 cup of butter is the fattening part.

Davit.
Hi Davit,

My new avatar might not be the best of one of the mushrooms. It's funny, since I just bought some, and made an omelette.  Also, I plan to make cream of mushroom soup, with the rest of the store bought ones.  I just love the Velouté(I found the right letter!) since it's such a fancy ingredient.  Even the stock can be made from scratch, but the recipe for mushroom soup requires chicken, not veal bones. 

Felt so stressed 20 minutes ago, and I can't understand the burden I sometimes feel.  As I took a walk earlier, I tried to convince myself that I would cook the way I'm cooking  anyway for myself, but I'm not sure I would...it's really for mom, and I feel the challenge

Tomorrow anyway, there's cod to cook, too, which is her favourite.

Reading this thread: