Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Therapeutic Effects of Gardening

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hit the jackpot finding 50 pounds of ground limestone to use around the garden, instead of salt, as ice traction, and near the front lawn, and the side of the house. The ambient warmth of the house will melt the snow/ice.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My roses are still under two feet of snow.

Time to order seeds though.

Davit
Valentine's day is a good day to start gardening, by purchasing a small plant of roses.
Horticultural sand is a great alternative to ice melt, around gardens, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! It's actually the same price as the salt I use, too.
I was looking at the basil vases outside, and I could dump them tomorrow.

The iris looks awful, and I wonder if I could prop it up.  Wish I knew what would like nice to look out during the winter, but I guess it all gets buried anyway.
Using the parsley from the garden, I made pesto.

I ran out of space to freeze the pesto, so if wanted, I could use a blister pack, from medicine.  It's great reusing things, and saving mother earth.
I cleaned the garden during a warmer day, and got some good feeling from just being spontaneous, rather than letting spreadsheets, to do lists and my computer searches dictate what was important.

There's something about a garden that just brings me home.
I kept promising myself that I'd cover the parsley with plastic.  As a bonus, I took an acquarium and placed it on top of another patch of parsley.

The bonus was that the acquarium is actually transparent on the bottom too, so we can have fresh veggie garnish during the winter, watch how the plant reacts in the sun and winter snow, possibly heating the container and showing it's strength.

I do have some frozen stuff, but it can't be the same, just like other foods out of the freezer.
I forgot to add that I have to say I feel more present, as I pull myself away from the past and future and focus on the present.
Hi Davit,
It is nice sleeping soundly.  Today I cut some parsley, and basil for seed since mom pointed out there is going below zero.  I suppose I have some quick chores to take care of...

Reading this thread: