Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Therapeutic Effects of Gardening

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I advertised my crab apples and no one was interested, I advertised my pie apples and got three people and everyone raved about the crabapples and took some of them too. Well I do have very nice apples.

Yesterday a neighbour picked me two buckets of apples to press for juice and I'm doing that now. Today one of the ladies picked me another two buckets of apples. I may have to use one of my bigger carboys, I'm out of small ones. I'm running out of milk jugs to put the juice in too.  I will have ten or twelve litres just from todays pressing. Another vehicle in my yard, another picker, I better go.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found 5  slugs in a trap I made, but there were so many other bugs in the trap!  This trap was to rid the hostas of insects which are perforating the leaves.

I'm not sure the slugs could do the damage I found on the many leaves, In the morning, I'm excited to find out how many more there are, giving me enthusiasm to wake in the morning.

A book about recovering from depression talks about the morning anticipation, so if I could find that title, it might help me recover from sadness about leaving work.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made a slug trap this morning, finding slugs last night on hosta leaves which were perforated.  Hopefully I'll see some slugs caught, and the hostas may recover before they hibernate for the winter, so the leaves are renewed.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, Thanks for the tip on the wagon. I agree the wheel barrow is a pain. Last time I used it I got hurt. Lifting and pushing it around the yard made my hernias a lot worse. So I guess I am gonna have to get me one of those wagons. I have been thinking about it for a while now. I am not ready to give up the gardening just yet even if it is on a small scale. Gardening keeps me sane..It's something I have been doing since I was a kid..and this old kid isn't giving up yet..

Well I better go for now. I forgot to eat today so I better get me something to eat. Have a glass of juce for me Davit...

I enjoyed the conversation. See you tomarrow.
Red
  :)

Red, I buy from Lee Valley when they pay the freight. Mine is the same but red with white wheels and has a lever for the steering. It gets in the way and is too short to pull it with. Can't steer while sitting on it anyway. I have a little seed basket besides the tool tray. I usually just lift one end to steer. I have a matching wagon with the same wheels. Wagon is real handy. Better than a wheel barrow.

Pressing apples for juice right now.

Davit
Davit, Just took a look at Lee valley and saw yours.
Edd's jealous, Farmall is our favorite..My favorite is the Farmall Cub..
We just might have to order one of those Red ones for this redneckgirrl..
and it has steering too..

Ahhh!
Red

Davit, I bought mine at Harbor Freight Tools..You can have their stuff shipped right to you..We go to the store here in town and get stuff we just can't find any where else. It's kind of a fun place to go to..Anyway I am back in the saddle again..

Red..

Davit,

Yeah!  Lavender does stink. We love the smell of it...The smell takes me back to nature every time. Especially when I can't get out there at the drop of a hat like I want to..So it's like being home again.

Just got the seat home and it works beautifully. Put up this pic for you..

Red

Red, I got my rolling seat from Lee Valley. I'm glad lavender stinks, I forgot I planted it and pulled one out by mistake.

Sun is shining nice today. It is supposed to be raining.

Davit
Spent the morning out in the yard trimming all the spent flowers on the lavenders this morning..and I was able to sit in a low lawn chair to do it..We have a rolling garden chair I am going to get of storage today. It has a John Deer tractor seat on it that pivots around and knobby tires which makes it easy to roll along the flower bed without getting up and down.. Anyway I am happy that I have found way to keep working in the yard..Man do these lavenders grow like weeds and without much work really. I am glad I planted them this year.

Red..

Reading this thread: