Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Handling Emotions without Smoking

17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free, This makes me think of a puppy with huge paws. It's pretty obvious what the paws should be used for, when they should be used and how they should be used but they just don't quite fit right with the body they are attached to. They are awkward and make the owner trip on him or herself but everyone watching knows that it won't last. Newly discovered emotions can be like that. That was meant to be encouraging but it may not have seemed that way. ;) You are right about not being able to change other people but your reactions to them can and probably will change. For me it's about picking battles and whether I will remember the incident in 1-5 years. Most things aren't worth getting bent out of shape about and when I smoked my shape was bent a good deal of the time! My reactions now are much healthier, much more honest and more balanced than when I smoked but it will take some time to get there. But you will and you'll do it in a way that is perfect for you. God Bless Sandra Congrats on those 77 Days by the way! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3249 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$36,959.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 6

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking, You are a strong individual with feelings and you need to be respected as your hubby needs to be. Pick and choose what needs to be said. No-one needs to address everything at all times. Use your relaxation techniques to keep you calm and really focus on you and your quit, the rest will fall in line :) Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.
Breaking, This can be normal! You used to use smoking as a way to rid yourself of frustration, but did that really work? You need to find a way of coping with your frustrations and pushing through. What does your doctor suggest? The members will also be along shortly to help you. :) Personally I used to alternate cleaning and exercise, this would alleviate me of the extra anger I had inside. I used the 5 hour rule and would revisit the situation after 5 hours to see if I could make sense of it with less frustration :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
We are all with you in thoughts Free! This is a rough ride and you guys are getting through this. Take the time to reward yourself individually or together. You deserve rewards for all your hard work :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: