Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Handling Emotions without Smoking

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey hurstk, you can't go wrong when you have so much love in your heart. I had a off day yesterday, but today i gave myself a better attitude, im thankful to be alive, healthy, and have my family around me, also my extended family here at SSC, i check in almost every day, either asking or trying to give support. I promise to be positive today and send good vibes to all my friends here, i promise to live for today, as tommorrow will take care of its self. I think BF is so right we need to have fun, i have become more serious since i quit, so i promise i will find something to smile or god forbid something to laugh about today.... ha ha hehe haha all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hurstk, i just read your post, i think you have a great sense of humor, i should have borrowed some from you today... i often say to myself "stop being so bloody serious, you stopped smoking , no need to stop living" it is a tough path to travel,im sorry to hear that you have COPD, but so glad that you have the courage to save yourself, keep smiling, remember we are never alone...your QUIT is fantastic, be proud.. all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have to tell me if you let him read this site...I've been worried sick that I'm in trouble for some sort of contract.........LOL. I am glad things are better. Give him some time, give yourself some time. I think about you often. ((hugs)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Well. I can't say that I am not as stressed. Here lately I have been tested in many ways...but. hopefully, I will pull through all of this with just a few minor battle scars! I have had more thoughts of smoking at about day 50+ than ever. It makes the first 6 weeks look easy. I think it has been due to family stresses. Each week or so I look back and think, "that was easy...I have succeeded" and keep on. I have recently allowed myself to grieve the death of the "smoking" me, and that has made it easier to be depressed---for a reason. I have come to realize that I am mourning the "death" of the smoking me. "AMEN"
Well..............you COULD kill them. But you would have to bury the body deep and cover with concrete. That seems like an awful lot of work to me. A coworker has this same effect on me. I can't stand the way they eat, chew gum, talk or even breathe! Isn't that awful? And they really aren't a bad person :confuse: Sometimes I leave to collect myself, but most of the time I try to humor myself over my silly silly feelings :) Take care BF. We all feel this way sometimes. Be fair to yourself and others.(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
BF Okay, I am not professing to being an expert, cuz I got a lot of fixin' I need to work on myself..ya know? I have my BS degree in Psychology, worked for 15 years as a cop, am on my 3rd marraige (this one for keeps-12 years strong)and have dealt with 5 kids through continued mental illness, alcoholism and drug usuage. The one thing I KNOW is that you CANNOT control other people, only your reaction to them. You have an awful lot going on in your life right now. Your posts almost solicit a "I think you should leave the insensitive SOB!" and I really don't think any of us will do that. Because we are all in this quit together and I betcha every one of us realizes that we sometimes (often, frequently?)are a bit over-sensitive at present, moody, critical of others, etc...hmmmmm...sounds like withdrawel symptoms. Give your quit some time, and after you are truly secure in your quit, and you still don't like him, let us know and we will do some further planning :eg: But, you may start to like him again :blush: And you may even discover you love the SOB ;p In the meantime, ignore as much as you can and don't take his attitude personally. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Dear Breaking Free's husband: If you really do log onto this site, I didn't mean it, I swear! [quote] after you are truly secure in your quit, and you still don't like him, let us know and we will do some further planning [/quote] Breaking Free: A little advance warning before you go confessing to the enemy! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,381 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Thanks Jeani! I am trying to be as positive as possible, sometimes I fail at that! LOL. We all have so much to be grateful for and thankful for, even though it is hard to accept. It's a part of life...A part I am hopeful I will be here for. I want so much for my family and my husband to know just how much thay mean to me. I love them; and I love all of you...God Bless! :)
BF------------ I do hope the best for you and your family. This quitting sure as hell ain't easy! It effects every aspect of your life, I know. If I joke to much, please put me in my place. I just sometimes turn to humor to mask the insecurities! After 34 years of smoking, it has not been easy for me. For so long I denied the damage being done. I was so active until a year ago..........now I walk a mile at noon and dusk and come in out of breath........a few years ago I could run 2 miles and smoke a cig right afterward without a prob. I have COPD at 46 years of age. I still have a 10 year old at home. I am trying my hardest to be positive about all of this. If there is one thing I would like to convey to our youth............DON"T SMOKE---EVER!!! :)
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't forget to laugh at yourself. Sometimes things will just seem so overwhelming ... laughing at myself or the situation really helps. It doesn't physically fix anything, but it really helps to put it in a better perspective, which can help to mentally fix things or least get them going in the right direction. Much love ya all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,495.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 8

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: