Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,786 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

I feel okay

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Hope you had a great smoke free day!!! Work is really keeping me buzy, that has really helped me "keep my head in the game"!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kelly, i would love to be your quit buddie! consider it done then! i think we could really help each other. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly, You are doing great. You sound so positive and I know you will do this. We give each other support in here all the time. Just keep posting and coming back :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,046.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly I know I don't have to tell you how important this time in space is for you. Your comments show that you are well aware of what you need to do. All you need now is to hold tight to your conviction and motivation. This takes practice, and as you practice this, you will gain more and more confidence in your ability to understand the addiction. It is in the understanding that smoking is never an answer to any of life's situations that we gain strength to abandon cigarettes. Smoking is a way of shrinking back into ourselves, when we feel under seige, by the burdens of living in a complicatied and unpredictable world. There is nothing wrong with living within ourselves, after all it is within ourselves that we find the greatest strength to communicate and interact with the exterior world. But hiding behind a haze of thin blue smoke does not make anything better for ourselves or for the people we love in this world. In fact over time, you will find that we have been not only hiding from the world in this manner, we have been attempting to hide from ourselves as well...How crazy is that...No matter where I go I have to take myself, so I better be comfortable with who and what that self is...Leaving smoking behind is more than putting an end to the use of a substance, it also has a lot to do with loving, understanding and in the end accepting who and what we are... Keep moving forward, you are on a bright and wonderful road... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,729.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doing great, Kelly! Quit Buddies: People who (usually) share the same approximate time of quitting, who commit to being there, encouraging, holding accountable to each other, celebrating, IM'ing, phoning, emailing, whatever it takes to help each other remain smoke-free. But! Noone is responsible for another's quit. We are each responsible for our own. If one quit buddy stumbles, the others keep their own quits going while encouraging the other to start again. Kind of like what we all do around here, only these are your special buddies. You can even give yourselves a name if you want ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,081.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Kelly I would love to be your quit buddy!!! I need ALL the help and support for this to work. Good luck!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Made it through day 4...HOLY MOLY!! I'm so glad I can come here and see there are people checking on me and showing me support. It's just amazing! Can I say "thanks" yet again?! Okay, so, I think the physical cravings are just about gone as far as I can tell but man do I reach for a cigarette often. Well, most of the time my brain tells me to reach and before I do I remember there isn't anything to reach for. Thank goodness! I'd be toast if I had a cigarette w/in reach. Anyway, it's the habit, those times of day or activities which always trigger a desire to smoke that I'm finding uncomfortable. At least they pass relatively quickly. I am waiting for the day when I feel like I'm breathing normal again. I've had this tightness in my chest and this feeling that I can't fill my lungs enough. Based on what I've read, I think it's just anxiety but it would be great if it would go away now. lol. So, doodles and starrider, are you up for being my quit buddies? ( Janna - I think I need you to fill me in on the specifics :blush: ) Hope everyone's day was great!!! You guys are all AWESOME!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
kelly, hope all went well today!! just checking in.. I made it though day 3!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG kelly!! the worst is behind you now. you're doing a great thing for you and your kids. keep up the GREAT work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YIPPIE, way to go on the day 4 :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1846 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,461.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 260 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$14,713.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 695 Hours: 1

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: