Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,786 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

I feel okay

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your friend probably does enjoy smoking. You used to. I used to. We just don't do it any more. And we know why. Keep up the good work. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �790.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Great Job. I knew you could do it! I am sorry for your friend that thinks she enjoys smoking... We both know that snoking REALLY does nothing for us!! Smoking take all of this away from us.... Good Heath Energy wealth peace of mind courage happiness self respect confidence [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly, You are really doing it!!! I think smokers are starting to feel isolated and alone and that is why they would like to see others where they are. I don't take it personally anymore I just keep repeating to them I don't smoke. I also find that being around smokers just reinforces my quit even more and boy do they stink when they come back inside. Keep doing what you are doing and keep posting :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,072.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly: So glad that the event went well for you and that your own private event was successful. It is instructive for me to read your posts as I am reminded of my own walk to abstinance... Regarding your friend, your insticts may be right on the money. Never forget that this is 80% mind game and 20% physical addiction. Your friend is exactly where you don't want to be...She is a smoker continually wishing she wasn't, you are a reformed smoker who only thinks of smoking occasionally...The latter is a much better position in which to be...Now I don't believe that your friend is being malicious or wishing you harm, no, just recognize that her thinking is under the spell of the junkie. You are working on a path to enlightenment and as so you are able to see more clearly (and smell more accutely) the effects of "junkie thinking"...I get the sense from your posts that you already know this and perhaps you have not had the opportunity to think it through, but once you do, I believe that you will see the validity in what I say here... You did a good thing, frankly I could not go near alchohol for many months after I quit. In fact I shunned all social contact for a long time, but that is just my nature and is not a prerequisite for a successful quit... Keep on in the way you are going and stay right here with all of these people, they will offer you a hand and provide a great deal of insight from hard lessons learned... Stay well and quit nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,757.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad it went well, Kelly...but I'm not surprised :) If I thought somebody was trying to sabotage my quit, I'd ask them about it....at the very least, I'd ask :eg: But, main thing is, you did great and are home safe now : ) -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,108.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kelly, glad it went okay. I absolutely remember going through everything you said. We had a thread here once about smokers wanting you to fail or waiting for you to. There is a bit of that going on at my work right now. We have 4 hardcore smokers left. they smell. I smell everything now. I had no idea I used to smell like that! We are eating too over here and it shows. Lord help us. But we are not smoking :) Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Guys! The wedding was nice. The look those two had in their eyes... Made me tear up a little. As for me, I was able to have a couple drinks w/o issue although I knew better than to have any more. At first, I didn't want to smoke at all. It actually kinda surprised me (which is when I decided it would be okay to have a beer). I sat in between two smokers during the ceremony. They really didn't smell very nice. In fact, I smelled every person who smoked. Boy, you can tell right away who the smokers are, can't you? But, after the second beer, I found myself thinking just a little about how a cigarette would feel. That's when I decided it was time to stop drinking and consider my exit. (Good job, Kel :)) One thing I found disturbing, and maybe (hopefully) I'm paranoid, but I think my friend was hoping I would smoke. On the drive down to Denver, which is about an hour or so from where we live, she gave me 'pointers' about quitting...little stories about how she has done it in the past and included how easy it was for her. So, I asked why she's not still quit and she responded with, "because I enjoy smoking". Hmm... Anyway, she kept encouraging me to go sit outside (with all the smokers) even after I had mentioned several times that was the one thing I knew I needed to stay away from. Would someone really do that??? Anyway, today I'm not feeling like smoking at all. However, I am a little grumpy, down, bored, etc. I think I'll take the kiddo for a walk. (If I keep eating I'm going to be big as a house!) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi kelly....how was the wedding?? can't wait to hear all about it. i see you finished hell week...GOOD FOR YOU!! so happy to see that. i hope you rewarded yourself, you deserve it!! keep up that great quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, I am getting such a kick out of reading your posts from this past week! It brings home so clearly those memories of the first week or two when you are just so thrilled to be pulling it off! You are going about it in just the right way, keep it up, and don't forget this heady feeling. It's just what you need to get through the tougher times. Wishing you continued success! Warmest regards, Luna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/28/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,795.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 136 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$170,505.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6624 Hours: 14

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alright Kelly You are going to be a great quitter...I am saying a little prayer for you...I was not able to go to social events for months after I quit...Alchohol was also off the list and still is...Keep the thoughts focused and enjoy the wedding... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 249 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,743.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: