Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,099 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

I feel okay

17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Good luck on your quit and I will be watching for your post!! Sunday was a great day and I feel full of energy today!! (day2) I have not told anyone abour my quit except my daughter that is still living at home.. People that have never smoked can be soooooo negative!!! I guess that they do not know what to say.. But something like I know you can do this, would be nice!! Instead they say stuff like.. not again, WOW that is motivating!! Hope you have a great 2nd day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang tough Kelly, :):) you can do this Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1845 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,457.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 260 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$14,955.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 706 Hours: 10

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, Welcome aboard looks like you are ready for this quit. There are so many people here to help you. Remember to read and post and use the coping tools. YOU CAN DO THIS :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,033.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I made it through day 2! Again, thank you all so much for the support! Yes, Traci, I am trying it cold turkey this time. I have some back up gum just in case the going gets so tough I can't cope. I figure if I need nicotine so bad I'm willing to smoke, I will give the gum a try first. I'm hoping I can make it w/o though. I can hardly believe I've made it the past two days. lol. I believe if I can make it even one day, I can make it forever. I'm good to go. I will definitely be taking the advice of you all and sticking close to this site. It really is a blessing. I believe it's one of the best tools out there. Certainly, the best I've seen. It's amazing how much support a person can get from total strangers. I am grateful for you all! Thanks again and again and again!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly - so glad to see you are back here today! I have been super busy but you were in my mind earlier. I am 8 days into my quit and the dizziness has left and my lungs actually feel like they take in too much air - its odd to breathe as deep as I do now. Also, deep breathing gets me through those rough spots so I am sure that helps. Staying focused is the key. My second day I cleaned for about 8 hours straight - stupid things, just to keep my hands busy. You are doing everything right - especially coming here for support. Are you taking anything to help with the cravings? I admire people who go cold turkey, but I use chantix to keep the cravings down without adding nicotine to my system. Good luck and again, glad to see you back! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kelly!!! You have found you wonderful site for your support in quitting smoking. There are tools on the left that will help you a lot. I found drinking a lot of water, walking, and eating healthy and coming here to very helpful in my quit. Read, post and join the site. You are on your way to a smoke free life. Oh yes, I have seen those rolling eyes myself :mad: Don't you just want to put them back in place LOL!!! Welcome Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $354.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly lots of good knowledge here, keep reading you will find out that in the beginning we ride the same Boats, without a paddle :) and the same roller coaster, just try to stay focused and whatever you do DONT SMOKE Tresa :):) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1844 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,454.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 260 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$14,955.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 706 Hours: 10

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, Welcome to the site. I know it will be alot of help to you. How long will it last? It is different for every one but I can tell you about me. I thought I was not going to make it and I asked for advice from people who had a huge number of quit days on thier counter. As it turned out on my 20th day things just changed. Oh I still think about smoking but it is just a thought. None of that grab you by the stomach stuff. Each day has gotten easier. on the 29th day I cryed all day. not so much that I wanted to smoke just that I was missing something. on day 45 same thing. I am always on guard because the addiction will come at you when you least expect it.I smoked 47 years and this time something just said no more. This site really helped me. I hope it does you too!![color=blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Kelly, you're on the right track & of to a great start, having your strategies ready. Everything you're feeling is perfectly normal, it's your body beginning to heal. Usually, the first 3 days are the hardest as the nicotine leaves your body. The rest of the first week can also be difficult as the junkie that lives in your head demands her fix. That's why they call it hell week. It's different for everybody but that's about how it usually goes. Just take it a day at a time, or a minute if you have to, know that it will all pass & you are doing it! Most of us have been through it & there is always someone here if you need help. Congrats on your first steps on this amazing journey! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,155.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Thanks to everyone! I can't believe how many people posted! I feel very tense today. My chest is tight and I'm feeling it difficult to breathe. Anxiety, I think. I also have this weird kind of dizziness going on. Something like it feels to be almost drunk. Also, I didn't sleep well at all last night. I think I woke up every 20 minutes or so until around 4:30 when I finally took something so I could sleep. That was an unpleasant feeling. Today I plan to work out, walk if I need to, read posts on this site, drink lots of water (my throat is also really scratchy), basically say busy and try anything else I may need to do to keep from smoking. I am absolutely confident I won't smoke as long as I stay focused. How long do these feelings last??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: