Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,099 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

I feel okay

17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Good luck at the wedding... At least you are preparing and going in with your eyes wide open. I guess you can just snack alot instead of smoking.. Food does taste alot better now. My hat is off to you... What a challenge for your first week. But you sound so determined and confident that I know you can say, "no thank you, I do not smoke anymore"!!! you can do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 248 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just keep saying "YAY ME!" This is a really big thing and you are doing it. I've been practicing my drinking under controlled conditions when smoking is simply not in the picture. I sure as heck don't want to get to a party and have a few drinks and let the alcohol trigger a relapse. Just be careful and be smart and you wont have any trouble at the wedding. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yeah.. Thanks, Brinat. That is me in the pic. It was taken about two years ago this October. The cute little boy I am holding is my now three year old grandson, Bradley. He is AWESOME! I swear, the best thing in the world is being a grandparent. Not even being a parent compares. Excellent. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Good afternoon! Not too bad of a day today. I was talking to a customer joking about how my brain hasn't really functioned properly this week and attributing it to not smoking (although, for the most part still not telling anyone). Anyway, she grabbed her pack and walked out of her office with me and for about 1.5 seconds I considered smoking 'just a puff' with her. The point is I only thought about it for 1.5 seconds! I wouldn't even call that a consideration. I am SO quit!!! Dare I say it yet again? YAY ME!!! ;p Today has been good. A little bit of a headache but I think that might be from ready all you crazy people's posts. I think I may be addicted to you guys. lol. Okay, so I do have a concern... Tomorrow a couple friends of mine are getting married. Big big party! Tons of people I know will be there and I can only think of one that doesn't at least smoke on occasion. I've been practicing my "no thank you" in my head. I have planned to not drink any alcohol and to bail as early as possible - after the cutting of the cake and/or first dance probably - but I am a little worried. I know I don't want to smoke. No doubts about that. I'm sure I can attend a party w/o smoking. I am, however, sensing danger. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, You're doing really well and are obviously going to be a great motivator on these boards. Well done for remembering all those names! The tiredness is 'normal' at your stage. I remember it well. Good luck Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �775.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are getting there! I think as long as we keep coming in and reading and writing and getting the support we need it will be a breeze. Is that picture you Kelly? If it is you sure don't look your age, good for you, and think how much better you look now you are a none smoker! WTG everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 248 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Kelly! It's hard work and it IS exhausting but it's worth it. You're getting close to the end of Hell week though so the load will lighten up a little bit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly, Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing great. Form that bond with your fellow quitters. Quit buddies will save you from yourself in your time of need. They were the key to success in this quit for me. I couldn't face the people here if I had smoked and I didn't want to stop talking with the fine people around here so I didn't smoke. Take one day at a time, one step at a time. Congratulations on your decision to take your life back from the enslavement of smoking!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 789 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,761.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thanks guys. Today was a good day. I hope everyone else had a good day as well. No smoking today. I can't say I didn't think of it, though. Not that I was tempted but I think about it almost constantly...even if it's just to think "nah, I don't want to do that." Honestly, I wish that was the only thought I had. One day... Chalk up day 5 for me! Yay again! Today's big symptom...fatigue. I didn't even work out today. Just too tired. But, not too tired to eat way too much! Good thing I'm little. lol. Congrats to all the other new non-smokers also. We are all doing great! ...doodles, starrider, brinat, hunter, lolo, imaquitter, gregor, david, joyfulspirit, who am i forgetting??? so sorry. I'm exhausted! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doing well Kelly I know what your talking about the physical cravings are mostly gone but the brain keeps telling me to have one. Almost bought some today well at the store had to leave tellings myself I don't need them. I know I can do it this time as can you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: