Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, cheating on get-aways is totally acceptable aslong as it doesnt lead to an all day everyday cheat.. If you don't cheat then, when will you? I remember when I had my first cheat I felt awful after, but then I thought about it.. I gotta indulge myself sometime..lol.. In the summer I cheated at bbq's with all the tasty food that everyone brought.. On the holidays, all the cookies and sweets and ect.. At my most disciplined times I allowed a cheat treat once a week and I think even that was quite strict.. As long as you don't see it leading into something worse then I say go for it!!!! I do and I don't feel bad anymore! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
New routine as of yesturday.. It's pretty brutal and it takes almost 2 hours from start to finish when I do it properly.. 10-12 warm up, weight set, 15-20 min cool off, 8-10 mins of stretching My cardio is now 20 min bike, level 1-2-1-3-1-4-1-5-1-6 20 on the fx machine level 1-10-1-10-1-10 ect for 20 minutes Treadmill she wants me running 30 seconds walking 1 minute.. I went on the treadmill yesturday and its on the second floor and it literally sounds like there is an elephant running on it.. I will probably end up doing that outside, there is a track 1 street over so I can go there or I can jog around my neighbour hood.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Wow, I weighed in today @ 141.5.. Wicked.. 11.5 lbs away from my goal weight.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 482 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Repost for quit meter..argh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Im slightly under in my caloric intake today, Ill be able to have a small snack later.. I really blew it yesturday, I had cheesecake for breakfast, a wrap, ice cream, some veggies and steak for dinner, then MORE cheesecake for dessert.. THEN a package of noodles..lol.. My sodium intake was probably at like 4000+..lol.. Ah w/e, I dont feel bad!!!
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone thought about just using the Diabetic Diet? auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, am I glad to read all this stuff! I know the calories are a problem for me, too, and especially during the holidays. For example, I got two different high-calorie gifts in the mail yesterday, and I'm going to a party this afternoon, I will be much more able to exercise a little restraint after reading all your posts! I sure didn't last night...although I do feel good about not smoking for the last 9 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$249,738.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7443 Hours: 21

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitalina, It's me again, Cranky. I really would like to say to you and others that the prevailing belief is that we should give up smoking and worry about the weight later. You are doing the right thing. I wish they had smoking rehabs where you could check in for 6 months. I would put everyone on a track and help them do 5 miles a day six days a week. I would feed them a bunch of proteins, salads and small carbs. Make them drink 8 glasses of water a day. I would encourage them to buy really cool workout clothes. Become an athlete instead of a smoker. I think jogging along with cold turkey is the key to long term success. Too many like me get discouraged when they pack on the pounds. Run your ass off and tire yourself out. This is my plan this time. Cranky.
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaitlina, The weight thing is today my biggest obstacle to stopping smoking. My last quit, I jogged, did not increase food intake but after 7 months, 40 freakin pounds. What I have learned since is that smoking speeds up your metabolism, so even if you dont overeat, you automatically gain because your metabolism slows down. Darn. I was so miserable and uncomfortable that I went back. There was no end in sight. I was ballooning. The doctors were telling me to accept this and live with it. Got a huge resentment over that. Trying again anyway cause now I need a corrective cosmetic surgury and I have to be off smoking for a month at least. Maybe this time I can do it long term . My original plan was to lose for that month and then go back because I hated my quality of life off it. You can see why I am cranky. But I'm thinking now, "Okay, maybe this time I can increase my jogging". Maybe I can eat a bit less. I have the time. I have years of theapy under my belt so I have so I have insight as to why I started in the first place. I am financially secure and independant otherwise. A miracle. So this could be the final step. Throwing away the last crutch. If I can walk away from a dysfunctional family, I can do this. Mo more taking care of them, now taking care of me. Cranky.
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do know that smoking is far worse for me than the weight, cause of the diabetes. I'm still not smoking. Sometimes its very hard. As for the weight, I can't help it, i don't like it.I just hope that my weight stays the same, & no smokes. Am i expecting to much??

Reading this thread: