Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I decided to join you guys and I started walking yesterday and watching what I eat and drink. You guys are doing so well! Hope I can do the same. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, could you lay in a supply of calorie counted dinners for yourself? And/or maybe do some bulk cooking before he gets back and bung it in the freezer? he might be so glad of not doing the cooking, he just tucks in without much thought. And most of the time, could he not just eat what you do but bulk it out with other stuff? Pudding - while you have your smoothie, more carbs/bigger portions etc. of what YOu are having? Good luck with it. When I was married my slender hubby ate like a horse and I had to be really, really careful around him. Not easy. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �732 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Windy I saw how sad and lonely you were yesterday and now look at all of those that have jumped in to support you. Now that I am back :eg: You are doing awesome and I am so proud of you!!! For me today calories: 1410 Carbs: 222 :8o: Fat: 25 Protien: 77 60 minutes on treadmill and 20 mintues upper body strenth (weights) Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Thanks you guys...Now I don't feel so lonely! I have to admit that I'm getting a little obsessed with food...As soon as breakfast is done, I'm thinking about lunch and after lunch, I'm thinking about supper. (I actually had to get a spoon to scrape out every last bit of the lasagna that I had for dinner...How pathetic is that?) Today, I did my swimming and biking....now it's time for the 2 days rest. I'm afraid the scales are stuck as I haven't lost anything since last week (Could it be the Easter binge??) Hubby gets back Weds...I am very excited but very worried about how I will keep up the healthy eating. (I HAVE to eat healthy food because I am hungry and don't have the willpower/desire to reduce portion size) There is no way he will eat my healthy alternatives and for the first 2 weeks (until he starts back to work), he will be doing the cooking. Yikes! Any suggestions? Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 211 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1055 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Windy Hi, I was reading this site and realized that you are so strict and good about your diet, I wish I could be that way. Food is just so goooooooood I can't stay away from it. I wish you the best of luck with your triathalon. Maybe your great work can inspire me enough to get that workout in tonight! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy, you are doing soooooo well. I haven't been here because - well partly I'm not on the site much, partly, the only exercise I get is a bit of walking because I started a new job and am working on my house and can't be bothered with much more than that! lol. I did try dabbling around with the GL diet (I am keener to be "healthy" and to counteract some peri menopausal symnptoms than I am to lose weight) I hover around 168 pounds. (i.e. I keep off the quit gain) and would like to be under 154. Many years ago I was under 140 but do not think I have the will power or metabolism to get there again. But I will be getting back to trying to lose some soon. You continue to be a wonderful motivation. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �726 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here I am to keep you company. Its not that I've been avoiding this subject...Oh who am I kidding, yes it is!!!!! You mention popcorn, I want butter. You mention smoothie, I want ice cream. Baaaaad Jan!!!!! Slap, slap! You are doing so well Windy, its time I started as well. I'm not far off 3 months smoke free, and I said when I reached 3 months, I would shed the excess pounds. I am ready to start. I promise to join you more often on this thread!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $774 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
La di da di da........getting kinda lonely over here by myself.... Back on track today....One more day to train for the mini-triathalon and then resting + pasta (I have been looking forward to the resting and eating pasta part for such a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time) 15 mins - swimming 25 mins - treadmill 5 mins - step machine plus lower body weights Between 1300 and 1400 calories today.... (Still making up for Friday and Saturday) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 210 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Oi - Calories were up over 2500 on Friday and Saturday...Socializing and calorie counting just don't go together for me. Back under 1600 today and did 15 mins swimming, 25 mins bike and 30 mins treadmill for penance....Couldn't bear to weigh myself (didn't want to see what the damage was) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1045 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Good for you Windy, I started walking, day 12 and already packed on a few extra, I am headed in the wrong direction in that regard. Keep up the good work! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: