Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The Daily Diet Watch IV

18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I'm not Rusty, but you know that it's better. So glad to see that your able to keep on schedule with your classes. ANd it was great of you to share your news. Last time I was here for a few, I told you that my husband and I went out walking after having bought new tennies and hiking shoes. Two days later he was in the hospital and I just got him home yesterday. He developed some type of infection in his left lower leg that grew til it involves most of his left leg. He is home now with home health and recieving antibiotics at home. They still have no growth on the cultures, so we don't know what we are fighting. Tonight he developed a fever for the first time. 101.5. So I guess things are not setteling in as well as I thought. I did go to the book store yesterday and bought the biggest looser workout video. And I am going to take the shrink wrap off anyday now. Looked at the book while I was there, but was not real impressed with their food plan. Say Lady, I have been noticing that you don't do much fruit. Maybe you should try sticking some in for a snack in the late morning. Not many calories, but great for energy. Rusty how go the new meds? I know the prednisone makes you feel like superwoman, but remember it just covers up, not cures. Looks like I have to keep taking mine for another 2 months, by then the embryl should kick in.(so they say) Caught up. Now maybe I can stay that way. B= one slice whole wheat french toast with cinnamon sugar on it. two slices turkey bacon, And my hubby stold half of one of those. L= tuna sand on dark rye large green salad with tomato=basil dressing d- left over chili max from yesterday and 10 saltines Dr. Pepper s bowl of Special K with cup of milk exercise was house cleaning after a week of not being home much.
Hey all, Not to bad today. b- one slice rye bread, plain l- out to chinese with hubby. I had sweet and sour pork and he had lemon chicken (we exchanged half of each). along with brown rice. and they served some celery,onion,sprout mix in a cornstarch sauce that I did not eat. And of course the fortune cookie. Drank water :8|: d- a small green salad, and the very thin crust off trevans piza. 2 slices about 2 1/2 - 3 inches long less than a pencil width. getting ready for a bath and a read. May have some cereal before I get to sleep. Slow on the exercise today, back is sore from lifting this weekend and carring in the fire wood today. Catch you tomorrow. Cheryl
Hey Rusty, Here is to the new Arthritis meds, may they make your life more comfortable than ever. But until the flare is under control, it is hard to be worried about what you do or don't eat. As you know slow gently non-stress excercise is the thing. Stretching, and Yoga or tia chi can be of benefit. And laughter is always a potent analgesic. Friday for me was easy to figgure and Saturday has been a blast. d- a 4 oz bowl of chicken noodle soup and 4 saltines. Nothing more until 3 in the afternoon. at which time I had a Dr. Pepper. By 4 oclock I went to join the teen group on their 30 hour fast for hunger. Wow, Imagine being locked up with 53 teenage kids for all that time and all we got was a glass of either apple or grape juice every 3-4 hours. It was an experience to hear from them what it felt like to be hungry (for most it was a first time thing) Seeing videos of what world vision is accomplishing in some third world countries and know that what they were doing would have a positive effect on someones life. They all went out collecting donations of food and money. the food to go to the food banks. and the money to send to world vision. What a very positive way to spend a weekend. And Totally Smoke Free. The fast continue until 6 pm tonight and we broke it with a spaghetti feed. Amazing how much less everyone ate than normal. Right now I am enjoying a bowl of Special K. and glad to be here where eating is a choice. Total exercise was being penned in with 53 teens who were up until after 2 and back up by 7 am. Todays menue will look different I am sure. Cheryl
Today is Tuesday! Today I ate l- 2 chicken and cheese enchiladas (home made) s- Dr. Pepper d- coconut cake- by pepridge farms Yesterday was Monday-- I had left over chinese from sunday lunch. Then a bowl of special K at bedtime. Sunday- went to the city and had Chinese (3 entree with rice and vegetable sides. entree were Orange chicken, broccoli beef, and some other beef with lots of onions) Ate about half and took the rest home. Had a pepsi with it. Sunday exercise was shopping for new hiking shoes and tennies for holiday. Monday exercise was playing with Trevan. Tuesday exercise was 1.5 mile walk with Husband. Might do a mile with leslie after he goes to work tonight. feeling fat today. Cheryl
Hey guys, Sorry, I did not mean to just drop out on you. Just not been having the best time this last week. No problem with smokes, but keeping the rest of my life togeather is taking all my energy. And there is none left for exercise or thinking about diet. Went to the gym once last week, and exercised at home another day. But food is either starving or pigging out, often in the same day. Don't worry, I will get it togeather again. Just gonna take another day or two of rest first. Then make a fresh start. Need a new mind set. Keep on ..... you know the rest. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 223 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $635.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Hey guys, Sorry, I did not mean to just drop out on you. Just not been having the best time this last week. No problem with smokes, but keeping the rest of my life togeather is taking all my energy. And there is none left for exercise or thinking about diet. Went to the gym once last week, and exercised at home another day. But food is either starving or pigging out, often in the same day. Don't worry, I will get it togeather again. Just gonna take another day or two of rest first. Then make a fresh start. Need a new mind set. Keep on ..... you know the rest. Cheryl
2/17 food b Oatmeal, 4 oz cranberry juice l. ham and swiss on whole rye bread 3 oz crabsalad (homemade)lots of celery 3 oz cottage cheese 12 oz pepsi s 2 pieces taffy d. salmon tomato basil with bow tie noodles peppers, onions, mushrooms 1 slice whole wheat bread 6 oz milk s 4 oz apple juice/4 oz cranberry juice 100 cal popcorn bag b- 8 oz oatmeal 4 slices rasin bread 4 oz milk s 6 whole wheat crackers with a slice of gouda cheese on each 12 oz dr. pepper Probably grap a lean cusine dinner, and apple and an orange for dinner at work. Trying to stick to no-caffine tea (not doing well) TRY HARDER! 1 mile with leslie last night before work, hope to do the same tonight. Cheryl
Morning, I have just figgured out why I am not here. It seems that when my Grandson was over on tuesday evening, he changed my electronic calendar and clock by the computer. And all the messages that I am getting are two days old. So its just now Valentines day for me! I have however now fixed it, but somehow it just skipped over the chocolate. :confuse: (Like I needed that anyway) I just finnished this big class on inflamation and nutrition, crammed three days worth of information into 8 hours, so I will be sorting it out for the next week. Meanwhile, I eat. B- special K cereal s- dr pepper l- tuna sandwich s- 2 pieces of taffy d- steak (4 oz) 1 1/2 potatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms 3 oz red wine, s lices rye bread House keeping, and crochet took up my day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $646.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Working on the sparks, I am staying below 1200 most days and below 20 gm of fat. It takes alot more thought to stay below. Or else I just have to stop eating when it gets close. Went out and climbed down to the road and back and then went to the back of the property which made it just about a mile total. But the up hill and down hill part really got to me. Dinner was a roast with potatoes, carrots, and onion. lunch was a peppered turkey sandwich on whole wheat and a little bit of butter on the bread. the normal dr. pepper and some potaoe chips that ate up the calories. had a container of kraft chocolate fatfree pudding after dinner. that's it no breakfast today. Havn't been motivated enough to put that loser video back in yet. Maybe next week. But... I bought one of those big balls, and have been doing some core exercises and stretches. Every little bit helps. Cheryl
Hi, Spending a lot of time on the sparks site, seems to take forever to get through the program each day. May have to deciede to just do the menu tracker, and exercise. Facinating stuff on the rest of the place though. Food today: b- Dr. Pepper L- Roast Beef dip on a white bread roll 12 lays potato chips s= 4 oreo cookies (they are my addiction, once I start its hard to stop) No dinner yet. been cutting out pieces for my puppets. Exercise before bed. Probably one mile with leslie. Cheryl

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: