Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

The Daily Diet Watch IV

18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is charlie girl, I woke up this morning (Valentine's Day) to chocolate covered strawberries in my fridge and a grocery bag of my favorite chocolate on the counter!!! My husband is trying this year, but I wonder if he would be offended if I threw it all out? Seems a little harsh. Just my luck!! Any suggestions? P.S. been walking a lot more and trying to eat veggies again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is there room for a newbie? Tomorrow will be one month and i'm pretty happy about that. what concerns me now is the weight I've gained since. I started a clean eating week the week before I quit to get my body charged up and ready, only to stuff my face for the last 30 days! I'm worried I'll end up really big again (that's one of the reasons I used to smoke was "to keep my weight down". Just need some incentive to get out and move my big butt!! Anyone have some good advise for me, I could sure use some.... charlie girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Rusty thank you so much for the sites that you sent me the other day. I'm really enjoying the spark site. I found i'm sure not eating right, way over the calories that I should be eating a day. I was such a thin person up till menopause and now my quit. I never put a thought to what I ate or calories. Now my new addiction is good health with eating and exercise. Rusty I hope you feel better really soon. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through between the med's and the pain. That's a heck of a way to lose weight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey all, don't mean to just burst in on your on-going thread here but today is 50 smoke-free days for me and I have lost a total of 17.5 pounds since the beginning of January. I'm still losing weekly and for the last two weeks because of hetic schedules, I did not exercise and still lost weight. If you want to check out how, I'll give you the forum address but I know you can't post links on here, so just look up Trimspa on the web and you will come up with the VIP forum. You do not have to enter their contest to be part of the forum or use their products but it is the best weight loss forum I have ever found and it works!!! Luv Sexybunny
  • Quit Meter

$12,877.76

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 754 Hours: 18

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would like to keep my weight in check since quitting and maybe even start losing a few. Yesterday: b - Nutri grain bar s - fat free yogurt l - lean cuisine lunch and salad w/low fat dressing s - apple d - small burrito bean/meat with salsa Went to the gym for 15 minutes on the treadmill and worked the arms. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everybody, I think I will join you starting tomorrow. I have about 10 lbs I want to get rid of. About 4 since my quit. I am going to go back and read some of the Daily Diet threads to get a sense of what you do. Any advice to get me motivated? I do love my potato chips! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/nature-smiley-009.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 926 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sounds great..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you guys posting again. It makes me more responsible. Yesterday.... b. coffee l. grilled chicken sandwhich d. beans n hotdogs Today I'm home with a migrane trying to crash study for a midterm. Just a little over a month to go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $952 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Thanks so much Trudy for the information on migraines. It's so nice to see a bit of activity going on here. I've got about 35 days left until gradutation (May 6th). After that I will be back on fitday and checking into sparkpeople better. Until then, I will continue to post what I'm eating just to keep me honest. Not much junk I hope. yesterday. b. coffee l. lean cuisine deep dish pizza (that was really good) d. fish sticks, hashbrowns Exercise....shopping for flowers for the yard, grocery store, and housework. today b. coffee l. pizza hutt d. not sure yet. Exercise... planting flowers, a lot of house work. Keep going with all your great diets. You guys figure out what works and I'll catch up. BTW... been to the doctor quite a bit lately with all these silly headaches... I have lost that 15 pounds that I orginally put on and am maintaining to keep it off. At least I'm back to my prequit weight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $959 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
welcome Adam... Life is full of choices :p I was good yesterday. b. coffee l. one slice of left over pizza d. 2 baked chicken wings, potatoe salad, one slice of bread Exercise...more housework and yardwork. That is enough of that for a while now. I think I would rather hang out with Leslie :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $966 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: