Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Faryal:

Thank you for setting the record straight as to the possible cause(s).  On a more positive note (me positive - whoa)  I really had a good class this morning, we saw a film. It was hilarious.  The weather isn't too bad here right now, mild & hooray no snow on the ground - yet. 

So all and all not too bad a day.

Thanks again.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Caden,

Sorry to hear about the panic attacks lately. It is possible for them to arise unexpectedly at times. I believe this could be related to a subconscious trigger or thought that is bothering you.........sometimes the body reacts before the mind has a chance to really internalize the issue at hand.

On a more positive note, it's great to see that you are going to relaxation classes which will be very helpful ultimately.

Hope this week is a better one for you.

Faryal - Health Educator

Hi Ya Diva & Joe:

Thank you both for your words of comfort.  Not really feeling too good at this point, PA;s and quite a lot of them!

I went to relaxation class tonight & had a couple there too I just don't know what's going on!

I was feeling good before class & then when we were doing our breathing relaxation on the mats I suddenly got panicky.  This really bothers me, I know just perpetuating the feedback loop but I try to analyze why!  I had a good day at school well except for one thing a classmate said that upset me, other than that it was good.

Anyone had PA's just appear out of no where after a long lapse?

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Caden,

Things aren't so bad over here, always working towards that better way.  You could take this time to set up exposure therapies (such as trying to slow down and meditate), outings where you go where ever under the sky...heck, the possibilities only end where you let them.

Don't stop rewarding yourself for the little things.  You're right, it's never too late to start! 
Cheers!
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Caden,

Well I guess hyper is better then anxious or depressed or it is really? I am not quite sure lol. The hyper feeling gets to be a bit much too. Ah well, let's just take it one day at a time and try to find balance within ach of those days! Btw, I feel much calmer today. I have come down from the hyper and did not crash into low and depressed so am pleased with myself lol. Up to now am having a nice calm, relaxing, non hyper day :)

As for pats on the back I am glad you felt them :)  They are so well deserve, I am very impressed! As for rewarding yourself you deserve that too so spoil yourself a little you have done tons of great things and have racked up so many successes! Focus on that, hun  You are too hard on yourself! Be kind to yourself  If it was me going back to school and doing all you do, would you hit me over the head for the things I have not done yet or would you congratulate me for the things I have done, tried or succeeded at? I think you would give me a great big pat on the back! So give yourself a pat! You deserve it! Go on, you might like it!

Btw, I think it is great you rewarding yourself with a great pair of earring. I love earrings! And hey, graduation from first semester deserve at least a pair of earrings! And you are right, it is never too late to start!

And thanks, yes I do feel more balanced today, and you?

Hi Ya Diva:

Sorry to hear about you feeling hyper - been there - done that so they say.  I guess it's better than being anxious or depressed, you think?

Thanks for the pats on the back, I could feel them through your words of encouragement.  As for rewarding myself, no way all I can focus on is what I can't do.  Oh yeah, I did one thing to reward myself which is unusual for me.  I bought myself a pair of earrings I really likes to celebrate my graduation from 1st semester.  I guess I've never been the rewarding kind, never too late to start eh?

Here's hoping you feel more balanced yourself.

Take care.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CM,

Did you reward yourself? You should! I am proud of you for all you are doing! Yay! Congratulations on all your successes. As for finding balance, I am sure you will find it!

As for slowing down, be patient with yourself. You will learn.

As for me I am ok but kinda hyper. So I will log off and try to go wind down!

Take care Cm and keep me posted of how you are!

Hi Ya Diva:

Thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate it.  How are you doing?

I'm pretty busy these days with school and all that english homework, I seem to always be on the go. When I get home from class  I can't stay in for long I just want to out for a walk.  This is quite a problem for me as I can't seem to slow down for very long.  Slowing down signifies losing control, focusing on thoughts, no distractions.  There has to be a balance some place, some day - I hope.

Hi Ya Joe:

How goes it with you?

As for me very busy now days with school and homework.  We are getting 3 weeks off for Christmas vacation & I'm thinking what the heck am I going to do as my days are so structured now.  I still have a very hard time trying to slow down and take time for things like meditation.

Hi Ya Faryal:

Couldn't sign on for a couple of days but finally managed, I was getting panicky ( ha, ha).

I did speak with my english teacher, what an amazing passionate teacher with a terrific sense of humor.  She said not to stress myself out, I told her that I think it's best that I take the course again in January/09.  You see we have the option of completing all of our courses in 3 semesters.  She also told the class on Thursday that the purpose of the she gives us is not to stress us out, if we do make mistakes we are to learn from them and apply them in the future.

I guess the pressure I put on myself only adds to things, you see I am a perfectionist - Type A personality you know.

So I have decided at this point to concentrate on my Power Point presentation for my Career Path class & I am having a ball.  I have never worked with PowerPoint so I am teaching myself.  I also have 2 computer exams to write  or I could also complete this course next semester.  We'll see how it goes.

Reading this thread: