Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"You have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow."  Caroline Manzo

Shari
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Confidence is courage at ease.
- Daniel Maher

I wish I had courage as I was buried at work, and bullied out of my job
Accept failure as a normal part of living. View it as part of the process of exploring your world; make a note of its lessons and move on.
- Tom Hobson

Seeing something as "normal" can help minimize or prevent going into a cycle of worry.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.
- Mohammad Ali

Doubt is an obstacle which has been helped by core belief work.  I just wish I could remember to do it daily

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

How many of us start the day off unprepared. Sailing without the right gear is foolish yet we do it anyway.
A little preparation could make the experience so much better. I for one am guilty of not preparing.

Davit.
When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
- Napoleon Hill

Sailing might not be as leisurely as the pretty magazines suggest, so pack accordingly
Davit,
Using myself up has caused me to feel overextended, needing rest, so I don't always have the resources I need for things.  Those things can be just daily banking, or just going out the door for an errand.

This reminds me of a poem that seniors quote, which basically states they wish they didn't extend themselves so much in their past, in their career, etc.

As seductive as the word "winner" is, it makes me wonder what the point is, like in the poem by Andrew Marvell "...how vainly they themselves amaze, by winning oak and palm and bays...".

Winners take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them.
- Nancy Simms

Napoleon Bonapart didn't get it either.

In a war of attrition, he who has the most soldiers and is willing to waste them wins. In the end what can the winners do but stand dripping blood and shout that they won. Time to count the losses after. Fifty eight million people died in the second world war. In the first world war twenty thousand died in one day alone as cannon fodder, mostly Canadians. We were proud but we paid dearly for our right to shout.

You know that in this ongoing battle with anxiety it sometimes seems as though the price is too high and it is draining you of all you have and are. But in truth you get to stand taller and stronger when you start to win and if you are willing to give it your all you do win. Sometimes when you count the cost it seems there is little to shout about even though you won. What can you do though, losing is not an option.

Napoleon and Hitler both lost to the Russians because the Russians had more people to waste. 

With this condition we have, you have to give it your all and be willing to suffer some losses without concern to get what you want. If you want something bad enough you will do anything for it, like athletes who go for the gold.

Davit.

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
- Napoleon Hill

I've never grasped the meaning of this quote....

Hugs

Definitely. There is no such thing as failure if you get something from it.

Davit.

Reading this thread: