Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If there exists no possibility of failure, then victory is meaningless.
- Robert H. Schuller

I wonder what the idea of risk means  Maybe if it's going to happen anyway, I'm invited to act on the world, and the meaning comes from how I act, and my accountability
You can change your beliefs so they empower your dreams and desires. Create a strong belief in yourself and what you want.
- Marcia Wieder

Oops - forgot to resume my core belief work...
The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do.
- Orison Swett Marden

Some of my longings don't seem productive though, and that's why I'm on this site...I seem to go in circles
Davit,
I just wish I could see the world as it is.

Some defeats are only installments to victory.
- Jacob Riis

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I can...............I think I can..........I think I can.....I think I can, I knew I could...............I knew I could.......I knew I could......I knew I could...I knew I could. To the beat of a steam locomotives drive wheels. 
All about attitude right. Once you climb the mountain, no matter how long it takes there is no reason you should not be able to again or ever fear doing it.

We make it difficult with our fears alone, the mountain never gets steeper, we only think it does.

Davit.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!
- Henry Ford

What if I thought I could all the time...?  There is some fable or children's story that talks of some train which struggles to climb a hill with these doubts, which someone told me of to encourage me....wonder if anyone remembers it?
Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
- African Proverb

Life is full of slips, so there's lots of opportunities for insight into how we can change
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz

Today I saw this quote differently, having seen it before.  Ability is like a uniform or suit.  Motivation is an event I'm going to wear it to.  Attitude is the poise or confidence or posture that I make it distinct, by how I wear it
Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.
- George W. Crane

I wish that would work for a summer cold, but the nasal voice, coughing and sneezing might give me away
Once you begin to believe there is help "out there," you will know it to be true.
- Saint Bartholomew

And sometimes everything I need is stairing at me in the mirror.

Reading this thread: