Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Plant the seed of desire in your mind and it forms a nucleus with power to attract to itself everything needed for its fulfillment.
- Robert Collier

Be careful what you wish for, since you will reap what you sew.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

True I would think. For some just getting out of bed is the beginning of a day of heart ache that they make themselves. 

Davit.
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
- Bernice Johnson Reagon

I wonder if "challenges" are just neutral, since it's our intentions which make a good or unproductive impact
Scarlet,
I remember looking up the definition of "confidence", in my search to restore it.  I thought it had to do with faith in oneself.  If confidence is believing in oneself, only we can restore it, as odd as that seems.  Others can support it, but it's a delicate matter.

What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple. Whether you are willing to do it, that's another matter.
- Peter F. Drucker

Maybe this management guru is right, today.  There has to be a "will". 

I guess there has to be a moment of acceptance too, just live "love", and opening your heart.  Like that moment, in the movie with Julia Roberts, and Hugh Grant, where she shows up at his dingy apartment, and offers herself as  a simple "girl" offering her affection to a "boy"...Notting Hill was the movie

11 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is definitely something I'm working on. My self-confidence is lacking and it leads to feeling defeated. I'm working on building up my courage. :)

Scarlet
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Confidence comes from using failures as stepping stones not barriers to success.

Davit
Confidence doesn't come out of nowhere. It's a result of something... hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.
- Roger Staubach

I work at things incrementally too, and it's great to know that I'm not alone, including this great athlete
There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no insurmountable barrier except our own inherent weakness of purpose.
- Elbert Hubbard

As Shari mentioned below, the emphasis is on progress, not perfection. 

I remember the negative work environment I worked in where bullying was the norm.  The problem with bullying is that there is always someone bigger, pushier.  Bullies are selective of course, so they avoid the competition.
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4U,

The good thing is, that we keep going forward and not give up :)

Shari
Shari,
Sometimes I feel like that cartoon  character Peanuts under the cloud, without the resources to reach for the umbrella, or raincoat

Reading this thread: