Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are. Successful people are not superhuman. Success does not require a super-intellect. Nor is there anything mystical about success. And success isn't based on luck. Successful people are just ordinary folks who have developed belief in themselves and what they do. Never - yes, never - sell yourself short.
- David J. Schwartz

•  

Sounds like all it takes is elbow grease
Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
- Brian Tracy

I thinnk the word "disciple" is always associated with religion or the Bible, but it really means "follower" in the strongest sense
Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.
- Charles F. Kettering

This could be the ultimate postive "what if"
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Living in compartments is something that helps me to be focused.  I learned this from a book from a public speaker called Dale Carnegie about worry, I believe.  This boundry helps to move seamlessly from task to task without being held back emotionally, yet being able to draw upon the past experience constructively, and similarly moving to the next task
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.
- Thomas A. Bennett

I find it's important to accept "tedium and distaste" as part of everyday "normal" life.  I can forget a sermon by clergyman in an old large church.  He stated that every moment(in that church) doesn't have to be "orgiastic", and his voice echoed in that church.  It's true for life outside our work, relationships, leisure.

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree.

It would be far easier for me to stay here than to move to Florida, in one sense;  I don't have to work and I am familiar with my surroundings.  But, on the other hand, it's hard to be here, because I'm in a constant state of isolation and loneliness and that won't change, unless I make a change.  I've heard the following quote, but I'm not sure who to credit it to, "The greater the risk, the greater the reward."  I do believe that I will make friends and I will be able to work and one day I will look back and realize I was glad I took the risk.  I'm willing to face the fear of the unknown future rather than to play it safe and remain in a situation that's not working for me.  I'm going to do it scared and I know I will make it.  

Thanks for this latest quote and post Hugs4U and thanks Davit for your positive insight, you both help me a lot and I'm sure everyone else as well.

God Bless, Shari
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Now this one I am very familiar with. Success takes more work because I am going to want to keep up the success and In my crippled (mostly in my head) state the thought of all that work is scary. 
Far easier to do nothing.

Davit.
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
- Eddie Robinson

Why wouldn't I wish to succeed?
Hi Shari,
The quotes are from this site's toolbox, and I like when you and others apply a personal touch to them, by relating them to a personal quote from their own life.

Some people have devices which can read only, and not reply.  I find these quotes, are a distillation from some unique person's life, and a wonderful gift to us all, if can process the quote.  And sometimes we don't connnect, which is ok too.

Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.
- Foster C. Mcclellan

This reminds me of the controversial Hose Feliciano song "light my fire".  His rendition of the USA national anthem was despised.  But now, we all anticipate different renditions of the national anthem.

Isn't change funny that way

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!  Great quote and so appropriate.  I tried Florida a few years back and the timing was terrible.  I'm glad to try again, because the opportunities that weren't available last time, may be available now.  My daughter's grown and on her own and has a great job and future.  She's working her way up the corporate ladder to become a Movie Director for the SyFy Channel.  It will be interesting to see what opportunities I will come across as well.  Thanks for the encouraging quotes, they have really been helping me lately and I'm sure are helping many others as well.  Keep up the great work!

Shari

Reading this thread: