Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

June-bugs Roll Call

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all, its good to see so many people here, and posting on this thread. Well done to all, just look at our stats! I guess many are now into month 2... way to go, we have come a long way from those first few days, when we thought we were going mad. Nicotine has not been in my body for 3 weeks and 1 day now (allowing for 3 days for it to leave my body) and I must admit i feel so much better now, I am beginning to think about smoking a lot less. When I have been going through stress, I did it without smoking, and felt more in control because of it. I would hate it now if I was still sucking on that weed. I am so happy I am free. I am committed to staying smoke and nicotine free. I have a summer ball to go to tonight, and there is a 30th birthday party tomorrow night. but I think I will be ok. I know one puff and its gone. Out of the window, for good. I dont want to go back to those early days when i am suffering withdrawal, and going out of my brain just trying not to smoke. Congrats on your quits June Bugs.. so good to see so many of us still in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �187.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Marie on TWO WEEKS quit free!! Well done! Hello to everyone else. Just checking in. Its day 15, and to be honest its fine. I rarely think about smoking now. When I do its a passing thing, it soon goes. Those days when i thought i was going crazy and pulling my hair out, they soon go. I wrote a goodbye letter to my cigarettes. I figured they needed closure after all they were around since i was 15, i smoked more than most people i knew. That really helped me, and it took away some of my junkie thinking as well. I have a fairly busy social calender for July, starting next sat when I have a big party to go to, its an over night birthday party with camping etc.. so I would imagine it will go on until very late into the night. Which Means I wont be able to log on for a few days. Weekend after, I am at a summer ball staying overnight in a hotel, again drinking. 2 weeks after that another party with an overnight stay... and then it continues until I get back from Cyprus in mid September. I am hoping that i will have done enough preparation, that it wont affect me. I hope so anyway. How is everyone else doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
I am still here :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Well done for getting through the dentist without smoking Mama! Duckie, I have only made 3 months once, the rest of the time never got past 3 weeks. So it is the same kind of goal for me. Life is pretty tough right now. So many stressful things going on. I did think about smoking last night, but it passed and i came home and was relieved that i didnt smoke. I am feeling pretty rough about things going on, but I know for sure that smoking wont solve those problems. So I keep going quit free. Its not too bad. Well done to everyone for sticking to their quit and welcome to all the newcomers who just made the june bugs! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 439 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hello Julie, Good to see you again! Glad to see that you are still quit. Most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING 50 DAYS!! WAHOO! :O) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Duckie - what did you get a tattoo of? Ann - is ds the same as PS? Yep those teenagers... they are sent to try us. I saw a photo of me taken 3 years ago, I cant believe how much I have aged in those three years. So i can empathise. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Hello Mama good to hear that you are doing well. The weekend was ok, I am thinking about smoking a lot less nowadays, and I seem to be just getting on with life. Good to see that you are doing better Mama! It must help with your daughter no longer smoking. Its good I am heading for a month smoke free (well its 4 weeks tomorrow) and am pleased with that. I feel free at last. Hurray! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hello everyone. Today is a much better day. Yesterday and the day before i felt like smoking, I was really low. However, today is a completely different day. Today i have a bit less stress, today the sun is shining and things do not look so bad. Today I have no inclination to smoke at all, I havent thought about it all day so I am glad that i held on. Congrats to all June Bugs... good to see so many of us still around. We are doing great. I think I am going to do a roll call as numbers appear to be dwindling. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Mama is right Ann, I have teenagers too, and have been going through a tough time. In fact my youngest one upped and left three weeks ago, simply because we had an argument about her cleaning her room. I was so upset, yet i spoke to her today, and she is happy as anything. Mama is right they dont know what they say or what they do. Most kids are pretty selfish. They act out all the time and as if they know everything. I cant tell you I work with young people as well, some as young as just 16 who have nowhere else to live. Every single one of them, even up to age 22 or something - they really are just struggling to find their space in the world. They dont fight me, but I hear the same thing over and over from kids about their parents, and as mine said it about me too, I know now not to take it personal. Even if you smoked you would still feel bad, its just the mind playing tricks. I hope you read the Allen Carr book, I found it useful for getting rid of the brain washing that we do to ourselves from a long time smoking (I know you were 35 years, I was 22.5 I think Mama was 35 years) thats a LONG time... you cant expect to unlearn that behaviour overnight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still here and raring to carry on fighting the nicodemon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: