Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,806 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

June-bugs Roll Call

18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there i quit june 15 and so far so good i have had some major cravings but i havnt slipped . good luck to all of you and we can stay strong together . [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]Hey count me in on the June Bug roll call. I made it through the first. I now have 36 hours of being smoke free! Later, Mater[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
been a real trip but smokie free is totally cool! I actually think I have mellowed...kinda weird huh? but having not to hide all the time, feel guilty, dirty etc. kinda mellowed my personality a bit. ya'll b cool and stay smoke free...quitting is good! peace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nipper and the Wife are still here and going strong. 2 Weeks for us today. We are so happy. Went out for a very nice dinner on Saturday for a pre-celebration. It was great. It is good to have all of you new quiters. Did you ever think that being a quiter is such a great thing??? All of you old quiters ;) CONGRATZ and keep quit. Congratz to all and stay quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on Duckie 067 ,11 beautiful days done , take care of yourself coughing and all. Do something different to change your mind, you've come so far, don't give up. We are here for you, Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
June Bug Marie reporting, still smoke free no carbon monoxyde 0. I have been a smoker for 30 years I smoked for a while more than a pack a day about 35, I Quit twice cold turkey, fell off the wagon smoked a lot, then I went down slowly to 23 approx, stopped smoking in the car, the house and other people's houses, went down to about 16 a day, unless I was at a party then I would smoke more. And then one day june 13th 2006 it hit me, I'm coughing, wheezing, the law forbids me to smoke almost everywhere and when I can't smoke I'M miserable and when I do smoke I have to do it outside and hurry because my husband doesn't smoke and he's waiting for me, it seems that I can't enjoy my cigarettes anymore except when I'm with my friend at her house because they both smoke and we can sit down and relax and then when I leave there, I have a headache because I smoke too much and my hubby remarks : you guys sure smoke a lot when you are together enjoying a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. So then I started thinking what if I had to tell my husband and kids that I am very sick because of this smoking(wheezing) I couldn't bare the thought. So I decided to quit, went to the doctor and told him: give me all you got because I am so addicted I need help. I use the patch during the day (Nightmares) and sometimes I add a Nicotine gum. I drink a lot of water walk the dog and go to Curves. I hang on for dear life everyday and feel I will get through this in the end. This site helps me enormously I sit at the computer every morning and read the threads and it motivates me to continue so thank you all and I wish you all the best and most of all to end this fight as winners over the addiction Marie xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Jerlas Vegas, don't look back, what is important is that you have quit again, do this one day at a time don't beat yourself up. Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Hi June Bugs, tonight we went to my husband's sister's house, oh my 3 heavy smokers, I feel as if I have smoked half a pack, my hair smells, my clothes smell. I have meditated on this and I will not go to a smoker's house until I am really ready to face this, come to think of it I will never be ready , it's discusting 3 people smoking at the same time one cig after another. How could the non smokers stand it when we all smoked around them, didn't see it then ,do realize it now. So this evening reinforced my decision to be a non-smoker Have a good night God Bless. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Yeah Yeah Ann congratulations on 1 month smoke free. That is quite an achievement. Every day is a big birthday to celebrate when you qui. I hope you have a big reward in store for yourself. You deserve it Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hey Mama, keep strong I will pray for you today, I was thinking going by my church for a little support, so I will say a prayer for you. Remember don't smoke it's bad for your health :) Marie xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: