Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,813 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

June-bugs Roll Call

18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do not even feel like driving anywhere today. I am thnking of taking a little nap later on. Hubby wakes in a few mins and he said when he woke up, he would take the kids to the pool. That's when I think I will take a nap. It has been one heck of a roller coaster ride this month and I am plum worn out :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 427 Hours: 16

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I agree Niks...life is pretty tough for me at the moment too...I have lost someone very close to me w/ another to follow very soon...and I found smoking only irritated me emotionally and as part of my goal, I quit not only for myself and my kids, but in loving memory of my uncle.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I am a 3rd time quitter but this time it is for good...1st time was patches....2nd was hypnosis...3rd time is hypnosis and patches.... I have made it up to the 3rd week mark so that is a short term goal for me at the moment...then after that it will be little goals which will turn into milestones for me =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama...I am hanging by my nails and toes =)The more I want one, the harder I fight to keep from grabbing them! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Sunday Morning Check In: Yesterday we went to the pool where I was able to relax =) Then last night we went to a ballgame =) Saw several of my friends I hadnt seen in years...screamed and hollered up a storm which gave my lungs a great work out =) With the chest tightness, I think I was allergic to them. Long story but I havent had it on for 24 hrs now and the tightness has slowly subsided. Mind you, it is still there but not as bad as it was. Pharmacist said it could be the sticky stuff to what the patch is made from or how it was administered. So I am going to wait out 48 hrs from the patch completely. I read somewhere that it takes 3 days to leave the body. Well, I have been smoke free for nearly 2 weeks and patch free for 24 hrs. The next 48 hrs will be a test for me. I have the cold like symptoms and so I truely believe I will return to normal from the allergic reaction to the patch, recover from that, and then continue with my quit. What is scarey is that people can die from allergic reactions! This reaction was so severe I was in the ER several times and not once did they suspect an allergic reaction to the patch! How weird is all of this??? Thoughts?? Ideas?? Anyone ever hear of this?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Mamma =) I cant help but wonder exactly what that patch is made of b/c I was experiencing the exact same symptoms as a reaction to bananas. I do not have any trubs w/ latex and such but have to be extra careful with foods. If I am about to eat something, I scan the ingredients and if it says 'tropical oils' or artificial / natural banana flavoring, I cannot eat it at all. I cannot breathe; chest closes off; and I end up w/ stomach cramps. But here is my stats for today: Chest hurt but went to the pool. My aunt finally passed to the next plane of life BUT I held my ground and did not reach for the cigs. I wanted them *SO* badly. Instead, I cried alot then I went upstairs for a 20 minutes meditation w/ my candles lit, and then I fell asleep for an hour. I am mentally and emotionally spent =( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Danielle and thank you! Well, I have been eating Chubs Chupa lollies or something like that. I figured that would help w/ the oral fixation of having something between my lips & fingers. Not only are they healthy but proceeds go to help a medical research project. I am also taking 1 step at a time too. Did I mention I have been praying alot too?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Checking In: Ok, talked to the pharmacist and she said once a person becomes allergic to the patch, then the body will reject all other patches. *SO* she recommended the gum since I really didnt smoke a lot to begin with. My jaw hit the floor when I read how much I was supposed to chew. OH NO...I will NOT add MORE of a drug I am trying to rid myself of to begin with!! OR pump more of the drug into my body if I didnt do that much to begin with?? HOW WEIRD IS THAT??? *rolls eyes* So I have had 3 pieces of the gum in 12 hrs. I call that AWESOME!! Does anyone know how much mg a cig has? I do not know and I am curious as to how much I was taking in. Anyhow, went to my fav place to visit today as my in laws were in town. I was able to sit down and actually pull my stress levels down. Then we went to the pool where I just sat and enjoyed the fresh air. Stupid me pulled a muscle in my shoulder / neck area! LOL!! I have very long jet black hair and as I was towel drying my hair, somehow or another I gave myself whiplash!!! BAHAHAAHAHAH!! Isnt that HYSTERICAL??? BASAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Ok...it has been a very long day...and I so deserve a good nights sleep. I am SO proud of myself!! =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Here I am =) I have been so very busy =) I bought a quit smoking meditation cd to reinforce my quit and I bought Carr's book too! Drinking lots of water, eating lots of altoids (sour), lollies, gum, and basically keeping my mind busy =) I am going to the pool every day too =) I am on the board of directors for our pool so I am not even thinking about smoking!! I am getting my tattoo tomorrow!! I couldnt wait!! YEAH ME!! =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY =)I am trying to keep busy =) I am sleepy today tho! I got my tattoo early! I may be going on vacation in a few weeks and then my friend who went w/ me, is going on vacation right after I get back...so we decided to do it early =) I want to 'show' it off but I am not sure if that is allowed or not. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$36,713.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: