Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

June-bugs Roll Call

18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Navigator thanks for sharing that. I'm on day 5 and I feel exactly the same. Things are going great - so great, I find it confusing. Why was it so hard all the other times? I wrote the SSC support team asking what they thought. Is there a formula for a successful quit? They said no, but there are lots of tools to make a quit successful. I think you hit the nail on the head. I remind myself daily that if I pick up just one cig, this disease will take me on a roller-coaster ride that I may not survive. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
I would love to join the june bug club - day 4 for me. I'm using my support network, reading, writing, and even praying for relief from the obsession. I have to combat the lie in my head daily. Smoking gets me nowhere fast and is killing me in the process. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Just checking-in. Still quit, day 7. Last night somehow a pint of ice cream found its way to my lips and into my belly despite my new eating plan. Oh well! This goes to show that there is still work to do on my thinking (i.e. food is not the answer, esp. at 290 pounds). On the other hand, I got to the gym this morning, ate a healthy breakfast, and I am continuing with my GREAT week! I'll take last night as another lesson learned on my journey. Thanks and congratulations to all of us June Bugs!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Day 6 and I'm really glad we have this place to come. I'm going to work hard today to stay focused and not let the junkie thoughts bring me close to a cig. I can re-read all of the reasons why I don't want to smoke today. I can also think about "the new me" that will be lighter (in weight), healthier, and more alive. I'm excited. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama! Congrats on making it AGAIN!! 7 days. Hell week over, good for you! And I completely agree - second time around is double hell week - I should be at 54 days, celebrating two months on Saturday, but because I slipped I'm at 12 days. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of my 12 days, I'm just saying that I learned a very valuable lesson! So here's to your week, and to my 12 days! And Jacko - stay strong tomorrow, we will be here for you - you can do it!!!! Cheers, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone! Wanted to check in and say HELLO! Nice to see so many June-bugs and that everyone is doing so well. I will be 3 weeks tomorrow - and Mama just like you I'm on the second time around this quit (yes I've quit many times before) - BUT THIS IS THE LAST TIME, Amen. Feeling pretty strong and confident with my quit right now. I decided to remove the patch 8 days ago and so far so good. I just wanted to get the nicotine out of my body once and for all. Honestly the withdrawl wasnt too bad, was on the third step patch though so that could make a difference. Hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend! Cheers, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie, I see your stats :) All is well! Here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
The first week is usually tough b/c of the low energy, but it gets better> I know> Laziness is okay. Laziness will keep us from heading to the store. Flash :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Still here. Fell on my arse, but I am back up! Made it through 2 weeks this time without falling. Got back up pretty quickly. The first time I fell. I had 7 months and let me tell you, it was easier for me to just stay on the floor for awhile, then come here and admit defeat. Craziest darn thing- My first real stop smoking attempt was 6/27/05. Well, at least, it's a date I can remember :) Still feel confident that this is beatable. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, that's said. My dad died of aspiration brought on by COPD. It was quite sounded. We weren't prepared. Being prepared can't hurt. Even though it sux! (my dad didn't even smoke) Duckie, the low energy thing will get better. I know it. Hey Marie, hope the golf goes well. jerlasvegas, you can do this! We can do this! Let's keep our chins up and the eye on the prize a smoke free life style. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: