Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

June-bugs Roll Call

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks 3 weeks will look good on you. Mama you will so make it through this week. Stoppin- keep squashing Sullydog- your in your 2nd month WAAHOO! Concrete_Dude- Yeah for week 2! Marie, so glad you had a good day Ann, yes, what a struggle but you're making it. Duckie good seeing you. Well, my energy is back. Probably b/c I reset my meter after my slip so this is more like blah week than hell week for me. Going on vacation. Little worried but I am pretty sure I can make it. It's a matter of wanting it bad enough and not wanting to come back here and feel ashamed. GO JUNE BUGS GO! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Evening Check In: We went to the pool where I was able to relax and unwind. I didnt swim today but instead jibber jabbered to my friend, Dani. Dani has literally been keeping me calm about the chest tightness. She was a 2 pack a day and she quit cold turkey. She and I had a long talk about what I was experiencing and she actually sat and listened to me. Tho I know I was being repeative (sp?), she was truely listening. She went thru the exact same symptoms I am going thru now. She said it will happen gradually and not overnight. She came right out and said I have a bit of anxiety which is part of the healing / recovery process. I did hear this but I guess I had to hear it from someone face to face. Yes, I truely believed all of you but it made it more rock solid. Not sure if that made any sense. She told me it will take a few weeks for my body to find something to replace the cigs for stress but she said it will go away. She said our bodies are amazing at coping BUT we have to take the time to listen to our bodies. WHEW! So my new goal is to deal with breaking away from the addiction 1 day at a time...instead of shooting for a week. Tiny Steps and not in leaps and bounds. Erm...there is a park bench w/ my name on it...come and join me...I could use the company =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 427 Hours: 10

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Checking In: Well...here it is..kids fighting and arguing...weather looks liek crap...and I am now tied up in knots...been thru a crying fit...dishes need to be washed..do not feel like doing them...deep breathing not working... I am so ready to curl up into a big ball and hide.... =( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Checking In: My chest still hurts from coughing but I am sure it will get better soon. I am so tired and feel like I am literally dragging from room to room. I never realized how exhausting it is to quit and it seems like it takes a lot of energy to fight this monkey on our backs. Someone was telling me yesterday that when we smoke, vitamins / minerals are destroyed. Our bodies utilize nutrients differently than those of non smokers. She said to take a multi-vitamin each day to get our bodies back into a healthier mode. Our bodies will begin to act like and feel like a non smoker's body. I never heard of anything like this before. Is this true? Anyone ever hear of anything like this? I am open for suggestions and thoughts about this =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I have 6 weeks left on my patch. I am going to follow thru w/ what it says =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY Josie. I feel like climbing the walls =( Doc said the reason for being so sore / tight in the chest area is because I have inflammation of the rib / chest bone. She ordered blood tests and all came back normal. Xrays were normal too. I do not like this feeling at all. Today is not a good day. I have been eating peppermints, drinking water, and fighting the craves. It's like my mind and body are fighting against each other =( I feel like I have been knocked off of my axis. Did that make sense? TY for listening to me rant too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 85 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Checking In: Well, I am climbing walls =( It is as if the patches are not working =( I want one so very bad and yet when I cough, I bring up that crud, and I talk myself out of it. I cannot describe how I feel except I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride. I can hear the junkie sweet talking me at the moment and yet I am sitting here in complete and utter tears b/c I want my chest discomfort to go away; I want to stop this ride; I do not want to smoke but I want it all to go away. I am exhausted--mentally and physically. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I am going to join Curves in a few weeks. I was talking to a woman at the local bookstore and she said there are a bunch of women who have tossed their smokes and are using Curves as their outlets. I think I will try it and find a 'circle' of recent quitters on the 'outside' too =) I am so happy you are setting your goals and achieving them! That is so wonderful to hear! WOOT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

You are right Niks. He just PMO at times and when he has a cold, the whole world must stop. *rolls eyes* Yes, I am prone to seasonal allergies which eventually turns into bronchitis (sometimes it does / sometimes it doesnt. I had it 2 weeks back and it is now gone. But I quit smoking the very last day of my meds. All of this coughing is just hurting my chest. I know it will eventually go away and it is my own fault to begin with. There are people out there who are much worse than I and I should stop belly aching about it all. Just knock me into next week. Coughing = bringing up / clearing the chest of the tar = cilia is growing back = good thing. This is how I am looking at it all. Did that make sense? LOL! I am in a daze at the moment. I am sleepy but this too shall pass b/c there are people on the board who are proof of it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hubby and I got into it again this morning. The chest pain came back and he said in a really crappy tone, "Let's go to the ER. I am tired of dealing with you." I went into the shower, sat on the tub floor, and cried my heart out. So after the 30 min shower, we took my daughter to her peds appt. I talked w/ her peds doc b/c he and I are close and he listens to me w/o judgement. I showed him where it was hurting at, gave him all of the symptoms, and he said I have coughed so hard from the bronchitis and then not smoking, he said it was an inflammation--which I already knew but hearing it from a friend who is a doc is that extra reassurance. Ok, that didnt make any sense but it made sense to me. I am on the total edge of a cry fest again. All I know is I cannot go thru this again. It's literally killing me. I cannot live my life on a rollercoaster ride. I need stability and calmness. I am not a type a by nature, I am forced to live like one because Hubby is one. I feel like I am a babbling fool at the moment. *flops on floor and watches dust bunnies scatter* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$36,691.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: