Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,574 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Daily diet watch 5

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, I ate a greasy cheeseburger today. And fries. I guess I feel like I can do that sometimes, because I'm so good most of the time. For breakfast I had oatmeal with dates, walnuts and cranberries. Grapes were my snack. Dinner was left over pork and brussels sprouts. Then I had a piece of cake. All of it was about 1100 calories, and I'm allowed 1200 to 1500 a day. It is a very good idea to eat smaller amounts more often. That way you don't tend to binge so much. YOu might try checking out fitday, or 3fatchicks or sparkpeople -- those are all good sites for monitoring what you eat and tracking calories. I did an hour-long workout at the Y today, upper, lower and abs. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 504 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1764 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 13

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Pitstop, welcome! Mexican food can be quite a challenge for the calorie- and fat-conscious. Eat the stuff that's in the fajita -- skip the tortillas, the rice, the refried beans, and the sour cream. I usually get a dish called bistek de Mexicana, which is marinated steak strips grilled with onions and peppers. If you want the tortillas, get corn instead of flour. I didn't eat too cleanly the last couple of days, but I've been working out a lot. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 506 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1771 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Lady, why wait until the kids get back? I think you should go ahead and join -- FOR YOU -- and by the time they get back you will be familiar and comfortable in the environment. JMHO. Rusty :)
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Welcome,Mandy! This site is for those who are preparing to quit and well as for those who have quit. So don't be a stranger...you are among friends. I'm leaving for a week in the big city tomorrow and I may or may not check in. My son says we're going to walking a lot, so I guess I won't need to worry about exercise. I'll will carry my little spiral notebook and write down what I eat. He's wanting to eat more healthy food, so maybe I can keep him away from McDonalds. I must tell you all about a new ice cream I discovered -- Haagan Daz black raspberry chip. It's awesome. But you're only allowed one spoonful a day. haha Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 508 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1778 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I've been eating well this week, except for the errant three musketeers or dove now and then. Yesterday: b - 1 dry scrambled egg, 1 piece of ww toast, banana l - leftover Caribbean chicken s - various little dark chocolates stolen from coworker (shhh!) d - cobb salad with spinach, romaine, cranberries, raisins, turkey, pumpkin seeds, pears, balsamic vinegarette) If it isn't raining, I'm going to my first water aerobics class tonight. Whoohoo! If it's raining, I'll work out with Leslie or George Foreman. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 493 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1725.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Water aerobics was wonderful! It was like summer camp in 4th grade...an hour of non-stop water jogging, skiing, playing with the noodly thing. It was definitely an aerobic workout and a lot of fun. They have it five nights a week at one of the city pools (that happens to be right behind the building I work in). I highly recommend it. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 494 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1729 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I think that motivation comes from within. Just challenge yourself to 10 minutes of exercise....walking, half a dvd, 10 minutes on the treadmill. Ten minutes is better than nothing, and you might even go 15 once you're on. That gym sounds great -- hopefully you can get started soon! Friday I worked with a trainer to design an upper body program. Yesterday I did 5 minutes on the elliptical. That's all I could do. Then I jumped over to the treadmill and did 25 minutes while listening to a book. Today is rest day. Tomorrow I will either go to the pool or to the Y. Yesterday: brunch - scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, whole wheat toast lunch - harvest cobb salad, tea d - leftover harvest cobb salad (greens, grapes, raisins, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, turkey, gorgonzola cheese with balsamic dressing) Today: b - Kashi cereal and 2% milk l - waldorf salad, baby bel cheese dinner - will be leftover ham, baked sweet potato, waldorf salad Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 496 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1736 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4my2girls, you don't have to join a gym for exercise. Walking is free! You might look for some exercise dvds at the library, too. I'll bet your girls would love to do them with you. I ate a lot of not-good food yesterday (cheese, hashbrowns, meatloaf), but burned some of it off last night with a trainer at the gym (one hour of teaching me upper body exercises). Yesterday: B - Omelet with cheese, onions, tomatoes, green peppers. Hashbrowns. l - meatloaf, lima beans, broccoli (stems) all cooked in fat in our cafeteria s - special k bar d - ham, butternut squash, tomato slices It's raining today so I will either trudge out to the Y for cardio or do a dvd. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 495 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1732.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Congratulations, Lady. I've suffered along with you, so maybe they'll give me an honorary degree? haha. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Yesterday: b - ww bagel and vegetable cream cheese l - leftover ziti with chicken and broccoli d - turkey tenderloin, peas, tomato slices Today b - none (oops) l - the rest of the ziti s - banana, 100 calorie chips ahoy d - brisket, pole beans, spaghetti squash I'm going to eat a piece of cake during the Sopranos. Hummy, I found that Naked Juice at Winn-Dixie. Expensive! But I bought 3 anyway -- the 3 you mentioned. 3galeh, are you feeling better today? Happy Easter Night, everyone! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 489 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,715 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1711.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I take flax oil/fish oil/borage oil capsules. These healthy oils are so good for so many things. whfoods is a GREAT site! Yesterday: b - lf yogurt, mixed with Kashi cereal, honey and cinnamon, 1/2 bottle of Power-C Naked Juice, banana l - Leftover brisket, spaghetti squash, pole beans, water d - Caribbean chicken (chicken, pineapple, banana, almonds, brown rice) - recipe from sparkpeople s - 4 mini-Doves dark Today: b - yogurt smoothie, 1/2 bottle Power-C Naked Juice s - rosemary and garlic triscuits with laughing cow l - greek salad (salad greens, tomato, onion, sprouts, kalamata olives, feta cheese, with Greek dressing), water d- don't know yet, probably ham, hubbard squash, or maybe cereal because hubby's working late Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 491 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1718.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,912.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: