Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

To those who quit in March 07

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I am so glad to have found this forum. I too had seen the feb list and though, sadly, it's March. I really am in need of support and I really need to quit. I have continually been very sick, pnemonia twice, as well as plurisy and never ending broncitis. I have to quit. I am going to be 27 in May, and have smoked over a pack a day since I was 15. I am prepared in that I have purchased no more ciggs. I have also purchased the 21mg nicoderm cq patches. My doctor also has me on Welbutrin Xl as well as a concoction of other crap. I feel really crappy all the time and I am really hoping this is going to help. I am also committing to doing this silly 7 min yoga thing from ondemand every morning when I wake up. I really really need support , I have been so sick for so long and I am too young to feel so low. ....... DAY ONE BEGINS!! I had my last ciggerrette about an hour ago and am wondering at what point I should use my first patch.... any advise? Rachel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Day three......... SUCKS! oh my god. I am not sure what I expected from those around me was but I am dissapointed. Maybe it is the fact that I am irritable and cannot seem to be get comfortable. Nothing seems to taste good or even sound good. I just feel tired and cant sit still. How long before I feel normal again? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Ok so I made it through week one of work without smoking. Wow. What an accomplishment. I am done with day 6 and going on 7. I am only on welbutrin. I definately still feel the cravings but the physical side effects have waned. I had a headache for like 4 days that has finally cleared. I also was kind of shakey. I felt kind of spaced out and couldn't concentrate. I have had weird ****ed up dreams .... I do feel like I can breath better and have started coughing up yucky stuff , I also kind of feel like I am loosing my voice. I also am making crazy choices. I told a chick at work today i wanted to **** her, what the hell is going on with me.... Day 7 is bound to be better..... Still staying true to the cuase though... N . O . P . E [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Hey.... That was my plan welbutrin and the patch and I have a really really hard time with medication but I started the welbutrin about a week before I started the patches and had no problems. The patches on the other hadn just the thought of it makes me cring. I will never use a patch again and in the end you are putting nicotine into your body . It has been rough on just the welbutrin becuase I have definately had physical side effects, but I have made it with the N.O.P.E philosophy. I have made it 4 days.... 96 hours. Its been rough like I said. but you can do it..... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Day five is off to a good start! Stacey I think day three was my worse day by far, I can't lie and tell you day four was easy, but it was not horrific and of course I made it through. You will too. I really think like I have said before that this site gives an outlet for frustrations but the bottom line is the need to WANT to quit. You have to be your own best buddy saying Good job stacy every time that you would usually have a cigg that you dont now. And posting here has helped. I have posted on a few discussions here, you should to. :)Rachel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey!! I Stopped smoking March 2nd!!! I just think this forum is GREAT!! I didn't anticipate so much support! Im quitting with Zyban, so I'm not going through most of the withdrawl symptoms (like having a nic fit) im reading about in the forum ...(maybe I should say yet..lol) Im actually handling this no smoking thing very well, and thought: Never in a million years think I could kick this nasty habit.!!! YAY ZYBAN!!! LOL Its day 9 for me, and I have been coughing up brown stuff..not nice at all, but like all u guys say: Its all good! Its worth it to be healthy!! Ive also had a couple canker (sp?) soars, which I usually get 1 maybe every 9 or 10 months. Again..another way of our body healing it self! Congrats!! and Lets keep up the GREAT work!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
March 6th here. This is my 4th full day (and I won't add "if I make it" because I know I will. The door is closed. There's nothing to go back to.) Rachael, I'm on the patch and I put it on right after my last cigarette. That worked fine for me. It's wonderful to read through all your posts. They're a real shot in the arm. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
March-Mellows :)
OK, well I guess we're the March-Mellows...LOL!! ...unless someone comes along with something else they feel strongly about. I like it though. Maybe because the last few days have been kinda short on 'mellow' for me. :) For a few of us, I'm sure.
Oops!! Correction! That's Jaz, not Roz!! Who the heck is Roz??? :)

Reading this thread: