Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

To those who quit in March 07

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel, you'll feel better soon. Probably with-in 24 hours or so. "Normal" is down the road a stretch, and it won't be what you recognised as 'normal' up until now. Some of that will change markedly, for the better. Hang in there, Rachel. I know it's no fun for you right now, but you have to get through this. Take it an hour at a time... take it 10 minutes at a time... don't worry about tomorrow. What you're experiencing right now will start to dull considerably, and soon.
And oh...by the way... [color=Red]That's ONE WEEK for me!!!![/color] Also, congrats to Roz who has also arrived at that lofty milestone!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
LOL!! Lucky, you're doing all the things you're supposed to be doing! (The dumb things included) :) And you're attitude is great! Keep it up!
Rachel, day three was my worst day so far. Day four was almost too good to be true... and that didn't last, but I knew it probably wouldn't, and I was fine with that. Day five started as more of a struggle but I was in good shape by 3 that afternoon. Today hasn't been great but it's definately been OK. So no... if I were you I would expect that things will get quite a bit better soon. Not that it matters... because you're gonna stay quit no matter how bad it is and no matter how long that lasts...right? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
March 18th, and all is well. I'm smoke-free, relaxing with my children... and I'm glad to be alive! I'm even getting "March mellower" :) I still think about smoking... there is still that sense that I'm incomplete... that there's something missing. But I know it's an illusion, and that through the course of time it will diminish into obscurity, and be replaced by a far greater sense that life is as it was meant to be, and that I'm more fully alive. Something I remind myself of every day is that I'm in control. For the first time in a very long time... I'm not a slave to cigarettes. I can have a real life today, and I can be happy... without a cigarette. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Last couple of days I've had constant low-level cravings, and it does become wearing. But one thing I've noticed is that I'm not getting the really intense cravings, that come out of nowhere, demanding that I have a cigarette. So, I assume that's good, that the process is going as it should... the cravings are quieting, if persistant... and that before too long, they will barely be noticable most of the time. I just wish that was today :) But, I'm in double digits now. I've gone through the worst of it... and now it's just a matter keeping the faith as I fully become what I set out to become; free. Now there's a terrific thought. I can live my life today as a free man. The cravings try to convince me that I'm not... but I am. See, Ma! No cigarettes! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry about not posting yesterday everyone....I was sitting at work today thinking "They're all gonna think I had a cigarette!" Well, I haven't, even though my day 4 was TOUGH!!! I had constant cravings all day, that seemed almost impossible to get through. I couldn't sleep, I wanted a cigarette so badly. But today I hopped out of bed with a ton of energy and felt fine all day...tonight I'm having some cravings, but not near as badly as yesterday. And it's day 5....I'm so excited. I honestly never thought I would go this long without a cigarette. While I was smoking I never realized how much they impacted my energy level and just the way I looked at life. Crazy, isn't it? And who thought you could get so emotionally involved with weeds, DDT, nicotine and aresenic wrapped up in paper? Cigarettes....what a crock 'o crap!!!!!!!!! I'll tell you what, dogs will eat their own poop, but you'll never catch one smoking a cigarette! I hope all of you are doing well out there and not letting the cravings get you down. Everyone I know says they've never seen me in better spirits (I hate to tell them it's all an act; but it's working!) Keep on truckin'..... If we got through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday AND today....we can ALL get through tomorrow. :)
Alright folks, back for the update I promised. Today was not as bad as I thought it would be. It's my day three, and from what everyone says, this is the point where the withdrawal usually hits its' peak. But I got through today just fine; and I didn't even cause anyone any bodily harm!! To be honest, I don't think I am being extremely irritable. I just tell myself I am in a good mood, and it does wonders for me. I'm so glad that I quit cold turkey....I feel like I never want nicotine in my body again! The only thing that upsets me now is the thought that I will never ever smoke again. It's like mourning your best friend. You know, that crappy best friend that stabbed you in the back all the time but you still hung out with him/her cause he/she had awesome makeup/clothes/cds/whatever that he/she let you borrow. Only cigarettes give you stuff like cancer, and black phlegm, and asthma, and allergies!! What a great friend, right? I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I'm REALLY looking forward to my first week being over. I'm a little worried about this weekend because I will be at a wedding where I know 75% of the guests will smoke. But I am going to stay strong and keep this quit!! If I got through Monday, Tuesday and today.....I can get through tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 55 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Well, today is my second day (I'll be 48 hours without a cigarette in....1 hour; I know, obsess much ;) ) I thought my first day went wonderfully and said to myself "Heck, if it's this simple I won't have any problem staying quit." Today was not quite so pleasant...while I was at work I was okay (well, besides that nagging cough/headache and the fact that the room kept shifting while I was staying still...oh, and talking jibberish to my boss because I couldn't concentrate, and telling one of the salesmen I would physically harm him if he turned in an incomplete report to me again....and that little bout of road rage where some very choice words I didn't even know I knew came flying out of my mouth...and the fact that when I came home I turned on the computer and looked at my dog and confidently said "Come on, computer, let's go for a walk!!") but when I got home, it was a completely different story. I just got off the phone with my boyfriend after a half hour crying jag; but as I am fond of saying....if I got through today and yesterday, I can get through tomorrow. Without killing anyone. Hopefully. ;) Well, I for one am proud to be a March Mellow, even though I am seriously UN-mellow at the moment. Now I'm taking my happy butt to bed...I'll keep you all posted on how things go tomorrow.
17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, my name is Bobbi my q-date is 3/27 it is so good to see all the march quitters here, is anyone quitting on the 27th? I am even more excited to know we can have a group of March quitters, makes me feel more connected and even more support!!!! Thrilled about this!!!!!! Now where will we meet, in other words know where each other is at? Don't want to lose this group! I like the name March-mellows. Be sure to let me know if that is what we will be called. I am from Indiana, have smoked for 50 years, stupid years! I am going to use the patch. Tried cold turkey the last three times, never again that way. Reason for going back to smoking weight gain, but this time I have been reachering for about two months, joined a gym at the hosp. I have to have better luck with the weight this time, it WILL NOT make me go back to smoking again but it would just add to my happiness of being a non-smoker and also not gain weight. Please ALL of you Marchers Please keep in touch, you just don't know what an uplift this has given me, has taken alot of my being scared and nervous away. Thanks, Bobbi :)

Reading this thread: