Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

To those who quit in March 07

17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hempfriend, You said you are on zyban, having any side affects? when you go off it do you have to taper off? My dr. wants me to do the patch and wellbutrin, I have so many side affects from meds. the wellbutrin scares me so bad, but I also want to have as easy a time with withdraw as possible, I have used the patch when I have flown about 8 hrs. and they sure helped but may have been that I knew when I landed I could smoke?????? q day 3/27 so I am also going to be a March-mellow. I love we have our own march group!!!!! thrilled about it feels like more personal support. Thanks much luck to you and prayers. Bobbi
17 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey March-mellows, Just stopping in to congratulate all of you non-smokers, GREAT JOB, I love having this group! 3/27 almost here and I will be a non-smoker like so many of you and with your help I will remain that way! I have been to other boards but this is the most supportative one ever! I will be out of town from tomorrow- 3/23, have ill parent's have to go to help take care of them often. I will be so close to my q-day when I get back, excited but still alittle scared, but know this is normal. I have been reacheraching for about two months, so much more prepared then I ever was the last three times I have tried. Will still be hard but this time I WILL DO IT! Like I know all of you will also! All please keep in touch. Bobbi
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just found this thread. Great thread!! I had been hanging out in the other ssc forums. Anyway, another March quitter here. Today (3/9/07) is my first day. Smoked my last stick last night before bed. I'm on some herbal patch which seems to be working. I would have thought that my first day would be really difficult but I seem to be taking everying in stride. So far the hardest times today have been while driving. I've been chewing gum all day long to keep busy and I keep telling myself, "I am not a smoker therefore I will no longer smoke". We'll see how long that lasts. I've also been doodling and sucking on a straw. From what I've been reading, seems that things get harder as the days go on, but it's inspiring to hear others pulling for each other. Much appreciation for this site and all it's members. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone. Best wishes, Brad :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Sounds like everyone is hanging in there. Cool deal!! I've inspired two other people to also quit. They both are suprised at how well I'm doing and want to know more about my quit. Today after work several of us went to a bar for drinks. I really didn't want to go but thought I should at least show my face. I thought about having a beer but decided I'm too early in my quit and had a soda instead. I'm sure I would have been just fine but didn't want to risk it. Last night I was looking through my bag for something and I found a brand new pack of smokes. It kinda pissed me off. Naturally I threw them in the trash where they belong. :) Anyway, much power to my fellow quitters!! Brad [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Hey Bobbi, When I was getting ready to quit I was so excited. I could hardly wait for my quit day to arrive. Like you and most others, I too was fearful of this difficult journey, but more excited. Also, I was never as prepared with my previous attempts as I was this time around. That really made the difference...including this killer site!! Much power to you and all my fellow quitters. Brad [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Stacey, one of my major triggers was driving. I find that chewing gum while driving really helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Hi Rachel, Looks like we both quit on the same day. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I'm sending good thoughts and vibes your way (wherever you might be). For me, I have found that chewing sugarless gum is the key to my quit. I have never chewed so much gum in my entire life. What are you doing to substitute the smoking? Rachel, are you using any stop smoking aids like the patch, meds, or other aid. I did alot of research online and went with the one with the best success rate. Really seems to be working. I certainly hope it gets better for you. Hang in there. We are all pulling for you!! Best wishes, Brad [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The IDES of March and we're all a bunch of quitters! Way to go March Mellows. Day 4, and I'm going to do it, and so will you. I appreciate all the updates Angelcapp, LuckyMonkey850, scrawn-E and Lainey. And it helps to hear about beaches and double and triple digit numbers from faithfreedom! LuckyMonKey You have to start picturing yourself without a cigarette at the wedding, that's going to really test your resolve, but why have you made it through these first painful days to only torture yourself to have to do it again? I wouldn't want to relive the withdrawal and frustration. You're a non-smoker! I have a long drive in the car today, about 10 hours, and I'm dreading it, the heat, construction, bad drivers and old habits. But I can do this, I'm going to get a puppy, and part of my resolve was to be able to walk and run her without coughing up a lung! Have a great day, N.O.P.E Not One Puff Ever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
I'm really begining to focus on the triggers, I was a task smoker. When I finsihed a task, was ready to switch gears or take a break, that was reward time with a cigerette. Some reward. I have to get another one. Day 3 is still going, hard this morning, still fighting it, but keeping my head low and out of society. When I make it to day 10 I hope it gets easeier, thanks for the encouragement. I dont want to do this again, I've quit about 6 times and haven't made it past day 4, but this time, I've got it! In the past I have used Wellbutrin and the patch (I have some for back-up if it gets too bad), but it's time to use determination and my brain. Thanks for the support! HANG IN THER MARCH MELLOWS, we can do this if we just stick together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Day three, last cigarette on Sunday afternoon 3/10. I think my head spun around in a full revolution and my eyeballs popped out of my head with anger yesterday. How pretty! I've gone cold-turkey, I WILL NOT ever smoke again, but this is hard, I don't like having my emotions so out of control! N.O.P.E is a great motto! I was really hoping with a few days behind me, like 5 or 6 or 7 that the nicotine would be out of my body and all I would be fighting were bad patterns or habits, sounds like I'm kidding myself. Thank you to the March Mellows who quit earlier in the month, keep posting, I feel like I'm right behind you and can grab onto your coat-tails for a little support to drag me out of the doldrums that I�m falling into. The heightened levels of frustration, avoiding familiar traps and self-help pep talks take a lot of energy, and luckily I find good energy here to help replenish. Tell me about the next few days� :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: