Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,702 Members

Please welcome our newest members: plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA

Within 2 miniutes of NOT Makin It

18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, I mean Boston Legal. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$174,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6495 Hours: 7

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

StuBow, you mentioned me earlier but I think you meant Quitordie as I have my problems but havent reached the critical moment yet. I dont know if you get a TV show down there called Boston Public, I would imagine you do, tonight Michael J Fox (from Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada I might add) starts his three episode comeback as a Lawyer with lung cancer. Yes...I said LUNG CANCER. Maybe watching this show will keep the quitters quit. You are such a strong guy, you manage to get 40 total strangers into a place full of hope and caring, dont you dare have that smoke just cuz you feel cranky. Remember my cranky moments??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$174,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Stubow, Beach Party, 100 quit days, your house. haha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$174,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Should be nice and sunny here in Northern California then Still Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow
  • Quit Meter

$25,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 637 Hours: 21

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK guys and gals here it is......I caved. I am so sorry and posting this is realy really hard so be gentle with me. I feel incredible guilt about this already. I am not going anywhere, but will be resetting my meter tomorrow. I am so proud of you Neek and Quit and KK. I wish I had the strength you all have, but I just didn't today. I am still gonna make it to the beach with you all, I am just gonna be a few days late. That gives you all plenty of time to get my hammock etc ready. Keep in mind that I am an alcoholic too and can only have fufu non alcoholic drinks (preferably Pina Colada's). To Everyone - I really appreciate the outpouring of support here and I [i][u][b]KNOW[/b][/i][/u] that you all will welcome me back with open arms. Keep hangin in and fighting the good fight. I will be incredibly busy at work for the next few days so my posts will be infrequent. Don't forget me I will be back strong making that weekend commitment [i][u][b]I Promise[/b][/i][/u]. Still tryin to Kick Ash in 06 StuBow
  • Quit Meter

$25,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK Here's what I got from today. I am 43 years old and have been smoking for 36 of them. Do the math. This group is amazing. If I had only had a little while longer to hang and read some posts this morning I may have made it. Nicodemon is a cunning and powerfull adversary. He uses everything at his disposal and pulls no punches. WE must always have the troops around and everything in our aresenal to fight this battle. It truly is WAR and we can never let down our guard. I have been fighting this battle unsuccesfully by myself for most of my life, but I feel that now I can finally begin winning some of these battles and ultimately the War. My friends here are my troops and I need every one of you to survive. My arsenal is still being developed, but feel stronger than ever since hooking up with you great people in the SSC. If anything good can come from my mishap today, I think it would be that I saw a couple of my fellow members here get through really tough situations today without smoking. This tells me that it is possible to get through it. I had some great support here and had chats with a few of you today that helped me immensly (You know who you are). Thank you so much for making me welcome here regardless of my weeknesses. Ash Kickers are Kickin Ash and I am so proud to be one of you. We will all hit the Beach and have a huge party. I Quit suggested my house. That sounds great I will heat up the swimming pool and throw a few shrimp on the Barbie (that was for my friend down under). Rally the troups and let's Kick Nicodemon's Ash. Kickin Ash in 06 Again StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$25,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey guys I am about 2 minutes away from breaking down here. I have the most stressful week I have had in years at work right now and am not sure I can make it. I know this will last only about 2 weeks. Do you all think it is OK for me to quit my quit and come back in 2 weeks? StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$25,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Guys I am hangin in, but don;t have any time right now to talk. You guys keep up the good work and keep supporting each other. Neek, KK and I Quit remember that your quit is your own and not mine. Right now I am OK and will check back in later today. Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$25,140.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
StuBow..pleaseeeee dont do it. You really dont want to smoke or you wouldnt have come here. Hang in there my buddy.. baby steps.. coping skills..your SSC family believes in you. you CAN and WILL do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$119,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6426 Hours: 17

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know the answer to that StuBo, tie a not an hang on ...Remember... this to shall pass... Im also having a hell of a time, but if it was easy this site wouldnt be here.. We need you, you need to be honest with yourself and see that its the addiction wanting to get a death hold on you, Put your gloves on,roll up your sleeves an keep up the fight... I cant have one puff , cuz it wont be enough, i will want to keep puffing my life away....

Reading this thread: