Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Within 2 miniutes of NOT Makin It

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stubow, Many people who quit will admit that the reason they never quit before was because of a fear of failure. Why go through withdrawal if it may not work, they wondered? They did not know about the Journey to our Online Quit Program or the wonderful support they could get here. When some people prepare to quit, they consciously try to cut down. One such person wrote to me that in order to be able to do that, she kept her cigarettes outside. For her, smoking had been automatic, and all other attempts to cut down had failed. She wanted to start developing coping methods before the big day came. Another person wrote that he put away his pack, only taking out a certain amount for the morning. He did the same for the afternoon and the same for the evening. This allowed him to discover the time of day when his strongest urges hit. Then he would work on dealing with that time of day. Cutting out a few favorites each day is another way to cut down, such as the ones on the ride home from work, or the first one in the morning. There are other ways of cutting down, and I hope the members will share how they did it. Hope this helps, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you really want to go through the first three days again??????????
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to stand strong Neek and QuitorDie and not give into the monster. Thinking of the benifits of not smoking has made my quit so much easier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Sorry there will be no quitting a quit today stubow! There are pleanty of people here to support you and all the tools you need are to your left in the glove compartment take a couple of deep breaths grab some gum and hole on tight to your quit you will make it thru this one. Good luck Polly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Stu how are you doing?
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks QuiteorDie, I guess I need to hear that once in a while.. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Stubow, Neek & Quite or Die: Ok, for some reason we are all feeling this way today, myself included. I just went to the store and the woman in front of me got a pack and I was like hurry up lady so I can get mine. And then when it was time for me to ask what i wanted, I couldn't do it. I bought a pack of gum instead and came home (i decied to leave work early). Please don't do it, You are all stronger than you think.. It's the Nicodeamon's talking.. Fight it... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hey Stubow, I am glad that your doing ok so far.. Like KK said I hope that we will see a post tonight that say's "I Made it" but if not your ash kickers family will still be here for ya. And that's what we are now one big universal family.. and I am proud to be apart of it!!!! Stay Strong, We are here for you.. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Hey Stu, Like i said in my post we are all family and are here for you!! and we are proud that you are going to start again so soon. You can do it and we will walk that beach my friend!! Kickin Ash 06 :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu -- Don't worry about me smoking. I just tried to trick you into thinking you'd be ruining my quit. I'm still 7 days strong. Take a step back and look at the situation in which the cigs got the best of you. Look at your defenses and beef them up where required. You said it's a war, well the good news is you only lost a battle. I'm a young buck around these parts and have only been lightly smoking for 8 years, so I understand that my habit may not be as permenantly engrained as others, but I have a good idea of the resolve and strength required to push through these days. You have it, we all do. Muster it up and avoid the situation that cause your little slip. Best of Luck, Neek [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: