Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Within 2 miniutes of NOT Makin It

18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu- this is from your Monday morning roll-call. Notice you wrote " I for one am stickin with this thing and love this place. Hang in there Ash Kickers and DONT SMOKE." How are you doing?? StuBow 1/9/2006 11:13 PM Posts: 160 Joined: 1/1/2006 250656 Hey everyone you are doing great. I had one of those days and tyhis is the fiorst opportunity I have had to check if the site is up again. You all make me so proud to be an Ash Kicker. I Quit you are really kickin Ash havin 2 weeks and all. I just noticed my ticker flipped 1 day. Can you belive it I already gained 1 more day of life from this disease. Anbyway I am glad everyone that made it back made it back. I know I don;t see several of us and understand that some may hgave given up on SSC or given up in general. I for one am stickin with this thing and love this place. Hang in there Ash Kickers and DONT SMOKE. Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow My Milage: My Quit Date: 1/3/2006 Smoke-Free Days: 6 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 174 Amount Saved: $24 Life Gained: Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 50 Seconds: 44 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
StuBow, you've made it this far, I'd hate for you to give up what you've accomplished. Stress is a MAJOR cause of people loosing their quit...try some other coping methods before giving in and smoking. Whatever you decide, you know we're here for you but just know that you've already passed the roughest part...the rest of it is smooth sailing (with the occasional bump in the road). Let us know how you are doing. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hang on you two...it will pass. You don't want to give up the days of sweat and tears you've already put into this quit! Walk around, scream, chew gum, slap yourself in the head, whatever it takes. Just do not smoke!!! Hell week is just about over...we need you...all us Ash Kickers do!!! This too shall pass...you can squash that damn ole' nicodemon....don't let him win!! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Way to go Neek...each moment that you can get through without smoking is awesome! Hopefully Stu is doing the same but if he isn't, we'll still be here for him...just hate to see him have to go back through hell week. STU? Where are you? Are you ok? N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
please let us know how you are doing! We're all standing by when you need us. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Oh no you don't neek...you're not smoking any more than Stu is! You can't break...You are too strong for that!! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Stu, Glad to see you back and ready to take on that ole' nicodemon once again. Keep in mind, everything takes practice...even quitting. I've practiced many times in my life and the last one only lasted 4 days; so if I can make it to 8 days, I know you'll be able to make it to the beach only a few short days behind us. Keep up the fight...you can be stronger than the demon!! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu......No smoking allowed. Come on....Breathe.... Breathe in :gasp: Breathe out :8o: Breathe in :gasp: Breathe out :8o: Breathe in :gasp: Breathe out :8o: You can do this. Quitting is not easy. No one said it would be. [quote] Do you all think it is OK for me to quit my quit and come back in 2 weeks? [/quote] NOPE! Not happening here. We will not let you give up on yourself. Suck it up. You can do this. Go for a walk, drink ice water, kick, scream, cry, break dishes....whatever it takes...just don't smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,871 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Jess, Neek, QuitOrDie....I am so proud of all of you. You guys are AWESOME! Now where is that leader of yours? :quest: :confuse: :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Congratulations Stu. Seems the attitude is now where it needs to be. A bit of a suggestions, when things are tough, make time to come here. There is nothing in life that can't wait 20 or 30 minutes. I believe we all lived here for the first weeks of our quits. :) (some of us never go away) I'm glad to see you have decided to go ahead and kick ash! I want to be invited to the beach celebration :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $679 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: