Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Venting

14 years ago 0 11219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Furgittit,

Wow this is a big change.  Are you seriously considering moving? What do you think your husband would do if you did decide to move? How do you think your life would be different?

If you are seriously considering moving you probably would have to talk to a lawyer; especially if children are involved.  What are your thoughts on that?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So with all that has happened, and my hubby acting like a complete jerk since Monday, I wandered through the online rentals to find myself and my kids a place to live and then my hubby can sell "his" home and "his" truck and live with "his" mother (dear sweet lady that she is, doesn't deserve to have a jerk like him to bum her out).  I looked here and in a couple of other cities in Alberta (yes even that Flaming city).  I thought it would be nice to run away to a new city and make new friends (or not) and just start a new life.  Then the fantasizing began about how much better life would be if only..............
I even argued with my hubby about how his attitude was affecting the rest of us and that it really is unfair for him to treat us the way he has been treating us.  He said he didn't see it.  I told him to take a step back and look at it from someone else's view and to stop being so self absorbed.  I don't know if this hit him or not.
I am still considering the move, but am unsure exactly how to go about it.
I am done fighting for him and being everyone's mom.
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Furgitit!

I wish I had something great or smart to say to help you through this. All I can say is hang in there hun and vent with us often. We are here for you!

You situation sounds truly frustrating and annoying and I completely empathize with you! I hope you played Wii and that it helped!

Hang in there hun! Hugs to you!

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Furgittit,

I'm sorry to hear about this banking situation you are dealing with, I understand that this must be stressful for you and your family. Devise a plan of action to set things straight and move on. As you said the world works in weird ways sometimes, do what you can to do the right thing and get things sorted out. 
Do take many of those deep breaths and play your Wii, and as always we will be here to support you through the good times as well as the rough times. Check in soon to let us know how this pans out.

Samantha, Health Educator
Back to the venting.
On the 20th the bank (won't name any names but they have a lion for the mascot) decided to take two months mortgage payments out of my joint mortgage account and paid my husband's overdraft.  Now they are holding all of our accounts till we pay back everything we owe them.  They say they will not sue us but will continue the holds until every dime is paid back.  We have explained our situation but the woman (with the same name as my mom and ex-stepmother) said she doesn't care make arrangements and pay it all or we cannot access our accounts.
Got a new bank account at another bank, so I can at least still pay the regular bills and get food, my hubby opened an account at an even different bank.  We went to see the bariatric surgeon yesterday with full clearance from the respirologist to set the date for the gastric sleeve surgery and the bariatric surgeon still won't give us a date for my husband to have his surgery.  After a very frustrating week we thought things may be looking up and boom again down we go.
My hubby bought a bottle of rum and a bottle of sammy (he doesn't normally drink alot) and didn't come to bed last night till 4 in the morning (he woke me up to get a blanket).  So grumpy, tired, working, stressing, switching all direct deposits, running to the bankruptcy trustee, filling out papers and discussing legalities of what the bank has done, and automatic withdrawals ready to call it quits and hide in my bed.
I am still trying not to take all of this personally, it is very difficult but I am reminding myself that it is just how the world works and I have to learn to deal with it constructively.  Maybe, I will try to find something else to occupy myself.  Ooh yeah WII Super Mario I will try that later.
Deep breath, deep breath, this will soon pass.  Deep breath, deep breath.
Nothing to vent about, all is calm today.
Yayyyyyyyy
14 years ago 0 11219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to hear about your son.

I love your positive attitude though! 

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you everyone for your comments they are deeply appreciated.
Goofy, I loved the Red Green Show (we get it on satellite), we watch re-run after re-run, I remember him from Smith and Smith (a variety show Red Green did with his wife in the 80's).  And yes, I have even used duct tape to repair a leaky radiator hose to get my vehicle to where I needed to go.  A car was passing by me in rush hour traffic (slow hour or stand still) and the car was completely covered in duct tape, so I asked if I could borrow a strand and the gentleman gave me whole roll, he keeps in his car just in case he needs it.  So 3 small kids in carseats, hot summer day, rad overheating, hose spewing liquid, stuck in traffic, honking, and a sweety with a roll of duct tape, can't beat that.
Now my son has injured his back, doctor figures it is scoliosis, so he is off to get some x-rays for it.  So poor kid, Grade 12, working part time, flu, boo boo back and now he has to wait to get tested for PKD.  aargh.
Oh well, the sun is shining, the wind is blowing nicely and work is almost done (3 more hours).

14 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear about your father.

I lost my Dad in March of this year after an illness of about four months, so I have some idea what you're going through.

Hang in there, and you know you've got the support of all us here.

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fur,

So sorry to hear about your dad, our thoughts are with you.  Seems like he is a pretty head strong person!  You are so very special to be doing this for him and helping him. That truly means a lot.  Keep strong in your own path and know that we are with you every step of the way.

Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: