Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Joe:

Whoa, talk about desensitization on a big scale! Based on your postings I know you are up to the challenge.

Good luck with your exposure work.

Really not a good day at all as I had to go for my CAT scan test results.  Received some depressing news now they have found something else & I will have to get an ultrasound for the doctor to see exactly what they are dealing with.  So just wondering when this is all going to stop!

It has been one nightmare after another since last year.  I just feel as if I'm falling apart in little pieces and when I was walking over to see my social worker today I was like a zombie. I actually felt like I was sinking lower and lower when I was walking kind of a weird feeling.
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Brenna, Caden...this is definitely something to post in the success section.  Great stuff passing with a 96%!!!

Things for me are heeeeeectic!  I have to be one of two "front lines" people for a big conference my work is holding.  By front lines, I mean I have to work with both presenters and people attending...for an agoraphobic and social anxiety ridden fellow as myself, gotta say this is going to be one hell of an exposure.  Going to be outside my comfort zone, dealing with 800+ people over a 4 day period, with no room to back away.  AH! 

Well, I'm going to do it regardless...I refuse to step back once I've come this far.  It's in 2 weeks!  Time to step up my exposure work to prepare...
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

This deserves a post in Success Stories! Congratulation on such great test marks. Keep positive and focused on working through the program and challenging your negative thoughts.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Hi Ya Joe:

I can always count on you for words of encouragement. Thank-you for reminding me how far I have come and what I can achieve if I will only have some faith in myself.

I really think my sense of humor is one of the things that keeps me going, if I didn't have it I wouldn't have many hairs left on my head.

I did my MS Word test today and passed with 96%, only two more tests to go - Excel and Powerpoint.

How is it going with you?
Ahaha, you know Caden, I don't know if you realize it, but you have your mom's great sense of humor. 

No matter what anyone tells you Caden, and that includes yourself, you can do this.  I've seen what you started out as when you came here, and how much you've opened up in the past few weeks.  Given other members great advice and had moments such as when you spoke to your teacher, these are the times you shined through and came out on top.

You've got more strength then you realize, keep on keeping on Ms. Caden!

Yep that's it based on my past week and now this week I'm going to change the name to Lousy Days!

I know I wasn't feeling like this when the GAD first reared it's ugly head.  I'm beginning to think this thing goes in phases and the one I'm in now is getting very hard to deal with.  Ok sure I used to get agitated at times but now it doesn't seem to let up, plus being almost hyperactive, overwhelmed and throw in some anger - what a cocktail.

Everything and anything seems to overwhelm me, people tick me off, situations tick me off, heck everything seems to tick me off now.   I just don't know how to cope with this phase. 

I have been through Panic Disorder where I was having between 7-8 attacks a day, & a lot of them were full-blown.  I've been through the pit of depression so much so I even wanted to end my life a couple of times and all without meds.   I'm not knocking meds for anyone it's just that I have done so much reseach on the possible side effects that I have frightened the wits out of myself and there is no way on earth I could take them.  I would drive myself crazy after I took the first pill wondering what was going to happen to me and there is no way I could put my mum or myself through that.

So the battle continues everyday, I keep asking myself when will this end - will it end?  Have I run the whole gamut on emotional disorders or is there anymore that can terrify, take control of my life and render me completely useless.

I can only hope that this is the last one and I will continue to have the strength to go on everyday. If I only knew how to fight it or as I have read so much - accept it.

Well I guess that's enough from me now, have to go to prepare for my computer test tomorrow.
Heya Caden,

A therapist isn't such a bad thing.  I still continue to see mine, and he does help bring light to certain things.  As far as the racing thoughts and all that entails, there were some suggestions on the board that have helped me out with those...for instance writing down the thoughts, maybe write down things that made you think of them...if any (I know for a lot of the thoughts I had, sometimes they were brought on by well, nothing in particular).  Perhaps even writing down your daily eating/drinking, as you do them...sometimes particular foods can put the anxiety in queue.

It can be a really hard habit to pick up, journaling and such.  But it has taught me a lot about myself, and how to let go of certain situations or thoughts...knowing it's coming, and how long it lasts can really help in finding ways to challenge them.

Let me know how it goes
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CM,   I'm sorry to see that the last few days have been a rough ride for you. It's good to see however that you are continuing to journal. The first 2 sessions address the physical and mental symptoms/behaviours and so it may be a good idea to review those again and revisit the homework that you have done.   Consider drinking some relaxing herbal teas during the day to help calm your nervous system and mental state. Gree tea, chamomile, lemonbalm are some great examples. This also means you should avoid any stimulants such as caffeine or alcohol.   Hope you have a better week this week.     Faryal, Health Educator

Hi Ya Joe:

I have been journaling but admit it’s not as often as I should.
I have completed session 5 but you know what I don't really have a lot of exposure work to do except for not being able to stay in at night. It's those negative thoughts, racing mind, agitation and being so hyper. Are any of these behaviors/symptoms addressed at some point later in the course, if not I might have to think about going to a therapist again, Oh Boy.

Rofl Caden.
I get the same feelings from time to time...it's definitely the anxiety.  Have you tried doing the daily journal, or the course here?  You're right at the door, but you need to use the key to unlock it first!

Reading this thread: