Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cm,
  That is such good news about the essay! Way to take control of your studies!   Continue to focus on the positive aspects of your day. These will really help you, especially during those raining nights.       Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ROFL!!  Ahaha, hard to type, still laughing...your mom's cool!
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ya Joe:

Once again you know the words to say to make people feel better, thank-you.  I will try & focus on the good that happened today.  I will certainly let you know about my research into alternatives to medication.

On a positive note mum & I just came back from our walk and thank God no incidents.

Just to give you a little insight on how precious my mum is to me.  When we were walking I saw a pigeon lying on the road and asked mum if it was dead & with her priceless sense of humor she said to me " no it's just lying there because it's exhausted".  Even as I''m typing this  it's making me laugh
Hey there, Caden!  Well, gotta say I'm proud of you completing your essay and meeting up with your teacher about it.  That is a great success!  Also great to hear she's working with you on it (idea-wise).  You're doing very well considering all the stress you've been through with all of this!

Also sounds great that you're digging into such an interesting topic, meds.  Kinda works two ways, you can find out about meds while researching them, and also get homework done!  Would you mind sharing some of the info you find?  If not, all is well, just meds are one thing I've never really delved into and it does interest me.

As for the man that spit on your mom, I agree that he sounds mentally disturbed.  People like that are hard to deal with, you and your mother handled it very well though.  Sorry to hear about the PA as well, though I still think your doing great considering all that you went through.

Try to keep your mind focused on the good parts of the day.  Considering everything that's happened, you've still had a great success at school!

Cheers!
Hi Ya Guys:

Just wanted to let everyone know I met with my english teacher today to discuss my essay among other things.  She said she was impressed with my essay, wow!

We both agreed it needs some more work but she said she would try to give me some ideas on how to improve it.  She was very supportive and told me that I will do fine in english and if I need to can take the course over again in semester 2 and 3.  She also told me that if I start to feel overwhelmed to let her know.

She asked me about my work background and I told her I collect money from businesses
and thrived digging into, challenging and collecting very old delinquent accounts.  She said that was good to know as our next asssignment is going to be researching a topic.  She said since I love digging into things that I can research something that is of interest to me.  I have already chose my topic Mood Disorders Alternatives to Medication.

So it really went well and we have arranged to meet next week to go over any additions I have made.

Well now onto the not so good.  My mum & I were out for our evening walk last night and this guy who we have never seen before spit at my mum and said "don't wipe it off".
 Luckily my mum (who is 80 years old and has a walker) wasn't standing close to him or  he would have got her.  We both couldn't believe what happened.  I shouted after the guy who walked off after he done it and called him a pig.  I looked for a policeman to tell him about the incident but there was none around.  My mum was really shook up and ended up crying and was shaky.  She kept wondering what if this guy remembers her?  Needless to say we were both looking at everybody that was coming our way in case it was him. A little while after we were sitting outside having ice-cream and a fellow that was going by us when this happened saw the guy after and said he kept saying "I spit on your God, don't wipe it off", obviously someone mentally disturbed that should not be allowed to walk on the streets

Next thing that happened was I took a very bad nosebleed, I thought I would have to go to emerg.  Thank God it finally stopped.

Now onto the last thing right now it's raining very heavily and one of my biggest fears is not being able to get out for a walk at night so I am trying to ward off a panic attack.
My breathing right now isn't so good & I'm trying to talk myself down as I haven't had a PA in quite a while and would like to keep it that way.

Well what started out as a really good day has ended up a really upsetting day!

15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great news. Well done!!
 Hi Ya Diva:

Thanks for asking. 

I managed to finish the first draft and hand it in yesterday.  I also told the english teacher how I feel, so I am meeting with her tomorrow to talk about it.
Challenge those thoughts, Caden! 

I used to do the same thing, think about how simple life was before, but it really leads no where but down.  Have you been doing the free online CBT stuff they offer here?  They have a lot of useful tactics to counteract what you're going through.

Hi Ya Genejockey:

You know all I can focus on is the down side and the frustrations.  I don't see how far I have come, it seems as if I am never satisfied with any progress.  All I do is compare myself to the way I was before all this & every morning I see all the people going to work and think about how I can't go.

Thank-you for pointing out my progress which I am needing to focus on more and give myself credit.  

I started a relaxation class tonight & at times felt very relaxed that was until I got home and thought about my english homework due Thursday.  Sort of defeated the purpose, eh?
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CM,

Wanted to see how The essay thing was going for you. Essay writting can be really tough. But I find the toughest part is just starting! Me I often think my essays are really bad and I get back a super grade! Often what helps me is to remind myself I don<t have to write a perfect essay or even a great essay. all I need is to write a decent essay! Because, well, good id good enough! That is my school mantra : good is good enough! That helps me unblock and just write and it usually turns out well :) Sp just do your best and you will be fine!

Reading this thread: