Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Lousy Day

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CM,

If you are trying your best, that's all that matters
I'm sure your essay will be fantastic! Let us know how it goes,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CM

Only kidding. Good luck with the essay. Or even better- I hope you get to scrap the english. I am only marking to pay the bills while I study but my passion lies far away from teaching.... 

I have been looking through your post. Somehow I seemed to miss allot of it but you seem to have progressed in leaps and bounds. Well done!!! All the courses you have enrolled on just go to show how motivated you are to heal. You are tackling your disorder like a football player (in SA that would be a rugby player lol). Head on. You should be very proud of yourself for not sitting back and by taking an active stance against it. I think you will find there are many phases in your recovery. At times you will have mixed emotions regarding your sate of improvement. But one thing is for sure; you are improving and you will get better. 

BTW- I am a also a chocaholic. Oh well. At least it's quite socially acceptable.  
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ya Sylvie:

Thanks for asking.

I disliked english in high school and now in college I hate it.  The way I see it you can't turn me into someone who loves writing essays and does them well, it's just not me. So I will try my best and that's all I can do.  I am sure the teacher will give me some feedback.

Hi Ya Genejockey:

Gotta differ with you there Gene but as a teacher I would say the marking goes along with the territory.  Me I don't even want to take english in the first place and think it should be an elective.  Did I mention it was depressing?

I will be speaking with the coordinator this week to express my disdain for the subject which I don't think should be mandatory for me since my main purpose in taking the course is to reintegrate myself into the work force.  Now tell me am I going to use the term adverbial conjunctive in any of my discussions with clients trying to collect money for overdue bills, I think not.

Oh well got to go & try to finish it off.

Talk about making me anxious, it's due tomorrow.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How's the essay coming along CM?

Hopefully everyone is enjoying their weekend

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
English essays depressing. Hmmm. Try marking essays! Now that's depressing. Typically I have left marking my students books till Sunday evening 7pm. Procrastination you demon.
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aha, not focusing on anxiety gives anxiety...kinda ironic!  But really I see her point, the same way you focus on those books, you can put towards something else, like tai chi or relaxation stuff or....boring english essays! 

Aw dudette, I need to go back to school, I'm craving knowledge so bad right now.  I think I'm ready for school...even though it starts in January.

I need to start up a class somewhere else for the time being, dagnabit!  Ooh, there's a swim meet in my area, and martial arts.  I am there!
Hi Ya Joe:

I had an appointment with my social worker today and she said no more reading books about anxiety for me.  Not being able to read about anxiety is making me anxious, You see all I have been doing is buying and reading books on anxiety and depression since I was diagnosed last year.

Oh well I'm onto to bigger and better things - my english essay, talk about depressing!

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm trying to find something to read to help me with my insomnia, so thank you for those suggestions Caden!  I'll def. check 'em out.  And don't force yourself to drink the water...if you can, just let yourself do it.  Sounds complicated, but it's thinking you have to do something that keeps you from doing it.  I'm like that as well, that's why I haven't watched the movie "Borat".  Friends talked it up so much that I completely lost interest...I hate peer pressure.

Rofl Gene, "I will become everything zen"...that cracked me up!  I'm working at that same everything...but I'm as fidgety as a mouse in a cats' paws, so I got a nice trek ahead of me on that one.  I'm half Japanese, shouldn't I be able to meditate by blood alone?  Stupid stereotypes lie...I don't know kung fu either.  I'm beginning to questions my asianimity!  (try to say that 5 times fast)
Hi Ya CD:

Me too, I used to drink a cup of water a day.  When I was told I would have to drink a lot more I started to get panic attacks every time I would drink.  Even though I have been drinking 4 cups a day for over 3 months now I can still get panicky.

Reading this thread: