Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Quote of the day

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

I suppose I'd only get as far as I can get, like a GPS set to half the journey, or having half a map
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Lord, real lemonade.

I would love that right now. It is hot here. With the help of some strong pain killers I managed to dig some new potatoes for supper. Then I spent a few hours on my little tractor mowing around the buildings etc. Sunny did a good job of this but there is some ground that is steep that I like to do myself. Besides that she kept up with two gardens and two greenhouses. Because of this we have fresh vegetables. Lots of fresh vegetables, but oh dear, no lemons.

Davit.
Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
- Denis Waitley

Making lemonade out of a lemon is the order of the day
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.
- Arnold Toynbee

This way I can reach the goal, with the margin of error being the increased accuracy/precision needed by over-reaching
Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force.
- Tom Bland

Physically, it's like a posture,isn't it?
Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- Zig Ziglar

I find it dificult to do some things after I have one bad experience, so this definition of failure is more forgiving than my perception of failure, which is that it is catastrophic.
Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, "Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary."
- Anthony Robbins

Here's the difference between seeing something in a way that is stressful or not stressful.
The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny.
- Paul G. Thomas

Imagine if we could have the focus that Olympic athletes have during their performances, practises with our thoughts, so we could succeed
It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.
- David Feherty

If I removed the word "failure", and similar words from my vocabulary, I'd live a more productive life.  Or would I just be living a "politically correct life?"
If you can't get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.
- Mark Twain

Competing with my negativity will give me great rewards

Reading this thread: