Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New guy

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Everyone (5.00 am)Some habits never die I,ve been getting up at this hour for 30+ years you,d think at my age I could sleep in till at least 7.00.This is the toughest time of the day for me.In the past I would get up pour my 1st drink (the 1,rst of many)light up a fat boy and take a big drag.Now I get up pour my 1st drink (green tea)put on the old patcheroo and start my 1st rant!!! Same habits different products.I found a site some of you may be interested in www enneagraminstitute.com it deals with personality types.They have a free test which I tryed it was so accurate it scared me. It gave me some insite into my addictions.If you try it give me your feedback I,d love to hear your opinion?? Have a great weekend... Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear your attituide is wonderful you will make it just hang on tight! Phil(Wokingham Berks) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 228 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1197 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Hey Nance Gotta stick around got no place else to go.Besides talking about the problem is kind of theraputic and my 1 finger typing skills are getting better, spelling??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Your right jq5555 Igot to 50 a day then to 16 colts a day. When I retired I swiched to 5 cigars a day with a bottle of vodka thrown in for good measure. As I said before I lucked out when I found this site as you can see where this was going.Not only have I been smoke free for 3 days but Ive also been dry for 3 days thanks to the people here !!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear, You did it! You have 3 days down! Way to go! Reading your post from day 1, I wasn't sure you would still be with us. Aren't you glad you stuck with it, and us? You will do this, and we will help you as much as you need. I enjoy your posts. Stick around, okay? Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hey mommy2 Yes the extra support is great especialy when your cross addicted (nicotine & alcohol) it makes the battle a lot easier..Your doing great 32 days your well on your way!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congradulations!!! Im new to this sight an its amazing to see all the support your getting.good luck.It does get easier.just keep busy that seems to help.
Hi Anna & Sunshine Sorry Anna no Mrs Bear but the new car sounds good.Thanks for the boost Sunshine I,m feeling real good about the support I,m getting here.This is my 4th quit the longest was for 5 years always seemed to be some kind of lame excuse come along to start smoking again.I think this time we,ll just take it one day at a time and see how it works out.. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear - congratulations - youre almost at 3 days. When I read your initial post, I was concerned that you may not make 1 day because you said you were unsure about quitting. But here you are at day 3 - awesome. I admire you and anyone who is able to do this being in a situation where you can go out and smoke anytime - im sure that makes it a little harder. Im in an office 5 stories up and had to get in an elevator every time - that's a headache. But if i were in truck all day I probably would have smoked 90 a day. Right now i look out my window and can see the smokers downstairs - dwindling crowd - and they look pretty sad - especially when its cold and rainy, Anyway - keep it up - it definitely gets easier! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, Welcome to SSC, you will find lots of help and support on this site. I believe you have already found that out. This addiction is worse than any other. You have to really want to quit, I don't care what you are using to help you with the cravings you still have to do the work. I used the patch, and I went through the whole program for 10 weeks. I wanted to give myself the chance to quit. I had to take it off at night because of the bad dreams. But I kept one on the night stand and put it on first thing in the morning. It worked wonderful for me, and I hope it will work for you. I also smoked 50+ years, and had tried to quit many, many, times. But I learned from each quit. I'm still learning new things everyday. I had never used a support program, but I'm so glad I found SSC. Bear, if you are determined, committed, and have the will power you can do this. So good luck to you on this quit journey. Just keep on posting and reading. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 440 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 6

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: