Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

New guy

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, You mentioned Peel Region in one of your earlier posts. I live in Peel Region as well, and after poking my nose out the back door this morning, its NOT raining out there!!!! I'm going to get myself out there and walk my beagles. Also, in this neck of the woods I just found out that cigarettes(major brand) are $10.60 a pack. How crazy is that???? You are doing an awesome job!!!! Keep that great quit going strong. You CAN do this, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $657 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gotta get outside today temps going up to +15c but I just stuck my nose out the back door and man it stinks out there.Plus side my sense of smell seems to be returning to normal..Downside man that is just plain ugly out there what are we doing to our environment???? Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
10/4 Phil my dad was from Bolton?? and my mom was a Scot.I,m not sure where the family was from she was born in Canada and never spoke about her family.You,re doing great with your quit I,ll know where to turn to if Iget into trouble with mine.. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear Yes mate Wokingham Berkshire Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,084 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1212.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Hey Otis I,m here pal us old dudes gotta stick together.Have no fear the bear is here.Congratulations on quitting the weed it,s a major step for guys our age.If I can do it so can you. Im on day six and using the patch.It,s tough but you,ll be surprised how good you,ll start to feel even after a couple of days.Visit the site often and check out the other posts there,s lots of support and good idea,s here to help you threw the tough times.So hang in there we got you. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I have just joined this group as well. Am 70 years old and a smoker for 57 years. Have tried the patch, the gum and wellbutrin. Am still on the wellbutrin and now starting the chantrix also. Everyone says it is a great product. Stay in here, Bear. My first smoke free day will be Wednesday and I'm really nervous. Why be here? Well I have now got COPD and have had several mini strokes. Was told the next one could be the big one. Is that reason enough???? Please stay.
Hey Nance Unfortunatly they don,t make licorice as big as a cigar..Helping out is kind of contagious you get support and you want to pass it on.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I first quit, I liked the red licorice sticks. They were about the right diameter, and when I bit the ends off, I could suck the air through it. Then I could eat it, and it's FAT FREE! Bear! Day 6 almost over for you! I see you are giving back and posting for others now! We all learn from each other. Good job! ;) Keep it up! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Way too go tiger but do yourself a favour drop the cigarette and try a straw like some of the other people have here. You can even put in your mouth with out any ill effects!! I,ve smoked for some 50 years and your right it,s not easy to quit. But look at the benifits of smoking ?? The pleasure you get is short lived so you have to renew it. It,s bad for your health and your giving your hard earned cash to the tobacco co.so you can become addicted???? Keep at your on you way good luck Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I, too, am a new non-smoker. I am on day 2 of my quit. I too am having the urge to smoke, however, it's not quite so bad when my husband isn't home. He is a heavy smoker and luckily we stopped smoking in the house and cars several years ago, for the children's sake. So I can have a smoke free environment while he goes outside to smoke. But it is in the back of my mind that he is out there puffing away and the urge hits. I have to get up and get busy doing something. Sometimes it helps just to go outside, hold an unlit cig. just to get passed it. I don't have this huge support system, but I do have a 14 year old daughter that really keeps me going and gives me some support and I have an 18month old daughter that I can look at and remember why I am doing this. "I can do this, I can" I'm just glad that there is an online support system so I can at least vent if I need to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: