Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New guy

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys I,m not doing to badly physicaly I think the patch is saving me from a lot of the withdrawel misery.Your right Nance the headgames have begun I won,t bore you with all the details I,m sure we all have our own demons to deal with.I have to remind myself that I,m in the process of healing from an illness and give myself some time to recoup.I distracted myself today by doing a lot of pacing and cooked some chinese food. Not bad even if I do say so myself.I worked on a golf course last year for a couple of months and they invited me back again this year so I have something to look forward too. I don,t handle winter very well anymore the cold gets to me big time ( do you think I,m getting old lol)and it lead to a lot of booze and smoking.I.m banking my rewards to take some golf lessons this year hell I might even get good at this game. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear Your doing quite well buddy? You are getting a lot of well deserved support. Anything we can help you with just come on and post here. Say, what are you using in the way of distractions? Walking, brushing teeth, sleeping in, going to bed early, having a few sweets, carrot or celery sticks, sit ups,?
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Congrats on day 4! Hell week is almost over, start planning your reward. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear, Good to see you up and ready to continue your quit journey. I'm not a morning person. After I quit smoking I took my car to the dealer and had them fumigate it. Now it smells like a new one. I don't know what they used but it smells just like it did the day I bought it. You're doing great, here you are on day 4 and still have a good attitude, and that is so important. :) Bear, there is someone here 24-7, and since you are an early riser and if you have a need all you have to do is post. Stay strong and committed!!! Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 441 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,506 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1543.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$229,872.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 3

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DAY 4 for you! How are you feeling? Nicotine is out of your system, now you have to deal with the other psycho-stuff,you know, the why, the when, etc. Have to tell you that I went to my favorite haunt for the first time last night...where I was always spent Friday happy hour drinkin' and smokin'. Still did the drinkin' but no smokin' for me. That was one of my goals...to be able to enjoy happy hour with my friends. Guess what? It was still fun! Everyone else was still smokin', and it really stinks! My eyes were burnin' big time and my clothes, which were smelling so sweet, were STINKING! Set a goal, and when you get there, it feels like you can do ANYTHING! You CAN do this, you know that now, right??? Nance PS You are typing much younger already! Keep practicing, and right here is a good place to do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $184.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Just kidding Call it my weird sense of humor ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There must be something better to do than that. And now that you are quit, it is an even worse idea. Anyway, would you really like to redo those 3 days again?? So, how's the weather? Maybe a nice walk to see how well you are breathing :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually, I was thinking it's a great day to go for as walk, get a hair-cut, buy a couple of sport-select tickets and watch "Hockey Night in Canada". :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi Anna Actually it,s day 4 !! I think we,ll leave that Mrs Bear in the background for now I can be a little difficult to live with.I might have to wait a couple of days more for the new car but thanks for asking... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guess what Bear???? You are on day three! All of the nicotine will be out of your system today! (reports say 72 hours) Celebrate and reward yourself for making it this far. I say go find a Mrs. Bear to share your new life and car with. Have you bought that car yet???? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: