Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New guy

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tara If you,re moving from an antidepressant to a relacement drug thats addictive your moving in the wrong direction..If these drugs are prescribed thats a different matter.There may be a phsiological reason for them being prescribed??I still say seek professional help your doing excellent with the quit smocking and we will support you all the way. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What if we are simply moving from one dependency to another? I don't know. Your right, anyway. I know that the help is out there, and right in here :) Anyway, addiction sucks and I am glad that you are doing so well fighting yours. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $313.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hey Whynot I understand. Fear is that thing that keeps us coming back to our dependances. It,s alot easier to stay dependant than to face those fears.If you need professional help go for it.I did,nt thats how I got myself into the jam I,m in now.If I had gone 40yrs ago I would,nt be talking here with you today. Don,t screw up your life like I did with substance abuse it,s not worth it trust me. You sound like to much of a decent person to let that happen.Crips now I,m starting to sound like a therapist(oops censor that) Bear ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 81 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear. I get it totally, even if I am a bit younger than you and have not had as long to be addicted. I too am duel-addicted (although not to alcohol) and am just now at over a month into my quit, thinking about dropping my other addiction. I am just......scared. I have used it to replace anti-depressants for the last 6 years and am scared to stop now. But with the support around here I really think I might be able too. I posted about it once, but Big Brother removed it. LOL I know that I can kick the tobacco thing, so maybe that's next. I just need the help with that, the same as I get with this addiction. And I don't know where to turn. I understand your frustration, but I look up to you too. I have had a few addicts in my life, and have never [i]seen[/i] one come clean. Thank you for that. You are showing me that it is possible. I am watching your posts. Please stay with us. And way to go on 4 days clean! Tara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $313.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hey Nance They,re both the pitts.They go together like handmaidens.One a downer the other an upper and both being highly addictive.Your brothers story is very familiar to me.As you can see by my previous post it does,nt take much to get me started up..I,ve learned that there are people like myself that have addictive personality,s so it,s very easy for us to fall of the wagon at the least provication.We also lack the coping skills to deal with the things that provoke us it also has a lot to do with background.My dad was an alcoholic and my mother was abusive both physicaly and verbaly.So as you can see I,ve got a lot of demons to battle and I suspect you,re brother doe,s too.. This is the first time Ive looked outside for help.I,m a stuborn old B------- and always thought I could deal with anything by myself ??? bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BEAR!!! Day 5 for you :)! Stand tall and be proud! Sorry I missed your censored post, I might have also responded. I have a brother with the dual addiction, it has destroyed his life pretty much. I don't know how to help him, and right now I don't even know where he is. He drifts in and out of my life when he needs me.He's tried the meetings, the churches, the jails, the hospitals, and nothing has worked for very long. Its destroyed his 3 marriages, his relationship with his 2 children, his career, everything. Which addiction is tougher to overcome? I'm glad you are giving us a chance to help you. Since I can't help my brother, I will be here for you. If my IM worked on this computer I would give you my email address. I am pulling for you like you can't imagine. Be strong, Teddy Bear! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Oh by the way if those views are accurate (956) and you,ve got questions about being cross addictate cmon down and ask questions.I,ve been a user since I was 17 along with some other nasty substance some I don,even know the name off. Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Good Morning Everyone Went to bed early last night and slept right threw until 7:00am.Dreampt I won the lottery and got abduct by a bunch of beautiful young women (LOL) It didnt happen.Feeling real good this morning still get that urge for that first smoke of the day I think that may be more of a habit than an urge ?? Spring is here in Canada and the weather is starting to warm up so I will be able to get outside soon.I just noticed the number of views and postes I,m getting man Id better pull this off or I,m going to dissapoint a lot of people.. p.s. is Dreampt a word?? Bear [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, Glad to hear you are staying busy. The Golf Course sounds like a good way to pass some time away, and meet new friends. Staying busy is very important. I use a treadmill everyday, that helps mentally and physically. It is beginning to get warm here in VA so I can do some walking outside. I was hoping the patch would work for you. I had trouble keeping them on, so I used tape to make sure I didn't loose it. Take care and keep on reading and posting... :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 442 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1547 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 6

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yum Chineese food, Is it still too cold to walk where you live; it would be better than pacing, you know. Take care of yourself Bear. I'm an early to bed, early to rise person also.

Reading this thread: