Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,554 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont lose too much I hate skinny ladies!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �593.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I must be really lucky quitting has not changed my appetite at all.If anything I may have lost a bit of weight(not sure because I dont weigh myself). I dont diet but have a small breakfast and lunch and an evening meal with a glass of wine.No snacking in between but then I never have. The only side effects I still have are a strong crave at least twice a day and I am definitely sleeping more( a lot more). Overall no probs. Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �588 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Down to 169.5, 2.5 pounds off this week, 6.5 pounds in total. Very pleased as I have had some real pigging out moments (chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake for one!) and a few wee drams in the week. Haven't been to the gym as my guy is off (back tomorrow) but did my step aerobics video for about an hour 3 times in the week. One half hour walk plus most of Saturday walking for miles round Edinburgh (shopping - AAAAaaaaargh!) Gym starts back on monday. Hoping to do more and encourage my teenager to do more too. Want a healthy family now. Good luck to everybody for next week. S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
HOW is it possible for weight to fluctuate so much??? I weighed myself this morning - OK I KNOW it's best to do it at weekly intervals but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any more of me. And I appear to have dropped 2.5lbs over about 3 days. OK so I've had a couple of gym sessions - but I also spent Friday pigging at my daughter's birthday party and Saturday pigging the left overs. More than happy to watch it fall like that. Just don't want to see it go UP as quickly. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,794 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Last Sunday - 176lbs today - 172lbs. dead chuffed!!!!!! Week consisted of - 1 hour session in the gym 1 hour session of aerobics work out 1 hour session of step aerobics 2 x 30 minutes walks. Just tried to cut down on the food (and drink!) but still factored in my late night "treat" every day (feel I need that for the old stop smoking "pleasure/reward" thang) of one low calorie hot chocolate and one little chocolate bar thingy (75 calories). Will keep on like this until weight loss isn't happening then start actually counting calories etc. Happy just to know that it IS moving because last time I stopped, I put on TONS of weight and NOTHING seemed to shift it. Even the cabage soup diet didn't move a pound. Sadly, I can't do the gym at all next week because I need one more induction session before am allowed in alone and the guy is on holiday. (Rats!) Will just try to do some more home aerobics and walking. Good luck to everybody else this week - and thanks guys, your efforts are so motivational. Sx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,969 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Ahem! I got so carried away with my weight loss by Sunday, that I think I probably ate ALL of the calories I'd skipped in the entire week before. And a couple of G + Ts to boot. :blush: Onwards - it's a new week. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �342 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Oh Phil - isn't it shocking when you make those kind of discoveries??? I have found I've gained about seven pounds already. i.e. a pound for every week I've been stopped. Man, can you just IMAGINE me by the time I reach a year?! lol Just before I stopped, I already wanted to lose around 22 pounds. So now it's more like 30. Super. I have started going to the local gymn. I have to do 3 induction sessions with a trainer before I am let loose alone. In my entire life to date before this, I had tried a tredmill for about 5 minutes, so you can imagine what it's been like! Anyway, today I started to watch what I eat (ha! watch all the food in the house more like) and I had my second induction at the gym for 1 hour. WHO dreampt those things up? It's like a bloomin torture chamber. Anyway, over the past few years my weight (including the post quit gain) had crept up by around 2.5 stones. And do you know what? I always told myself it wasn't too bad. Watching the boobs bounce in a too small T shirt today suddenly tore the scales away from my eyes. WHO is that fat middle aged woman????? I am hoping and praying this exercise lark works. Oh - and that the nunger wears off. Cause right now, even my very furry cat is looking damned attractive! Onwards. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Missything, I FEEEEEEEEL your joy!!!!!!! WELL DONE. You're over a plateau there I think. Must feel good. S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
PS I am not looking on the changes I try to make as any kind of "diet". I HATE the word diet. it instantly speaks of deprivation and chocolate lusts. I aim to change my way of life and to get healthier. I'm in it for the long term. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,478 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Windy - feel my pain too. I am have halved my NRT, done less exercise and had my daughter home from Uni. (i.e. stodge back in the cupboards, dinner out, drinks etc.) and gained 1.5 of the pounds I'd lost. Ho hum. I am also starving again and eating the house - which I'm guesing is the change in the NRT. Back to the work out next week. One last drinkie before I do. LOL. I got a new job. HAVE to celebrate! S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,478 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: