Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kait, I'm sorry you're not doing great. But I do remember what it was like during my quit around that time, and I was exactly the same. Plus the holidays always mess with my mood. Please realize that it will pass, and remind yourself how far you've come. I went through a period when all I did was cry, and I hadn't been that bad since my teenage years. Hold on tight and ride it out, you're doing amazing! Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $926.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Good morning all! I'm a pound lighter today...I'm happy. That's 6.5 lbs since I started last month. I've been cheating quite a bit, so I'm happy with the results. Last nite we had porterhouse steak, a baked potato, and lots of green beans. I'm wondering if I wasn't eating enough...I had stalled and couldn't drop any weight. Now I feel like I'm going crazy eating, and I'm losing. Go figure. Today I will have Breakfast: Special K bar, apple Lunch: Huge salad with chicken and grilled veggies Dinner: Not sure yet Hopefully I'll get to the gym tonite, first time in weeks. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $893 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I just can't wait to get to the point where someone notices that I've dropped a little. I have a huge motivation here at work, my uncle has dropped about 20 lbs so far, so we don't eat the junk that we used to, like pizza or steak and cheese. Now its salads, soups, wraps. Missthing, you're doing so great! But don't go too low on your calorie intake, you should 1200 as a bare minimum. I use another website's calculations to see what I should be taking in, you may want to try it. Based on weight, height, age, etc. some people should be eating 1500 or more to lose weight safely. I hope this makes sense. Anyway, yay for us. :) Andrea p.s. I found a prescription for wellbutrin in the medicine cabinet for my smoking hubby. I think he's quitting, too. fingers are crossed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $893 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Today was a good day, kept the calories around 1250. Chomping on a fat free creamsicle now. I think I can finally start to see the difference in the way my clothes fit. Wooohooo! Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,817 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $902.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
I broke a record and did 2 nights in a row at the gym. But feel like I ate a lot today. I haven't been counting calories long enough to play around with daily amounts. But on the other website I use, everyone talks about eating so much and still losing weight. But then other people talk about working out every day for months, and not losing a thing. So I'm kinda confused about how many calories most people take in. I don't feel like I'm cutting down much, but I'm in a 500 calorie deficit at the end of the day, so we shall see what the scale says in the next few days. Kim, glad to have you joining us, maybe we can motivate eachother to resist those darned vending machines! Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $836 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Probably the same website, Kaitilina. It doesn't take me long to log, and I find I'm more honest w/myself that way. I did eat leftover pizza yesterday for dinner, but the rest of the day was healthy. And I burned over 400 calories at the gym last nite. I have to say, I hit a blip in my quit and was focusing on not being able to smoke. It was driving me nuts. Now that I'm focusing on healthy food, I'm not thinking about smoking, and my quit is stronger than ever. It's all about keeping your mind and body busy Andrea Phil, you're too sweet. Luckily my hubby feels the same way. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $836 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hey Kaitilina, I'm doing the same thing now! I'd be thrilled to have someone to motivate me and we can check up on eachother. I decided to do it a month ago, and did well, lost 6 lbs. Then Thanksgiving hit, and I haven't been back to counting. I tried yesteday, and then my hubby took us out for pizza. I'm back up a few lbs since last week. I track my calories on a website for free, and I like it. I had gained 11 lbs after I quit smoking, want to lose about 30 though. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,506 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $831.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
I'm not doing so hot. I've been laid up in the house sick since saturday, and just keep snacking. I had around 1400 calories yesterday, which isn't horrible, but I haven't exercised in a week. Needless to say, the pounds are at a standstill. I'm gonna try to back to work today, but my body is telling me I shouldn't yet. On top of that, my hubby and I both have pinkeye! I'm trying so hard not to give it to my 3 yr old. When it rains it pours. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $859.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Cranky, i LOVE the idea of smoking rehabs! I bet a jog around the track would take care of the cravings, too. The weight will come off eventually, I'm almost six months in and just starting to lose now. It's hard not to get down about the weight gain, but we are doing such a great thing in quitting, that we are still healthier than before. We do need to take care of us, which is why I quit while my hubby still smokes. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $845.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Hey everyone! We're finally starting to feel better in this house, but the pinkeye is taking forever to clear up. I did well yesterday, kept it under 1200 cals, and then I ate an entire bag of buttered popcorn(the high fat stuff). What I need right now is to get to the gym, I haven't been in almost 2 weeks. On the brighter side, I made six months, not one puff. That has to count for something right? Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 184 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,686 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $874 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: