Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eating breakfast in the morning also starts your metabolism for the day...so don't forget girls! (oh and Phil now too!!!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 171 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $670.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Good for you Missthing...i know it works so much better for me than being hungry all the time counting calories. Ok apparently I don't always keep with the 1300 range, that day was just a fluke and was the day i started using the thing that counts all the calories etc. Main thing for me is i'm still losing and down 13 pounds since Jan 2. Serenity...sometimes hormones are the cause of fast scale fluctuations. Also if you weighed yourself the first time at night and the second time in the morning it makes a big difference. You weigh more at night. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 171 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $670.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Total Calories: 1768 Fat: 63% Carbs: 3% Protein:34% Alcohol: 0% Down 18 lbs now [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $713.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Yes Windy low carb really does work for me. I have a very hard time with counting calories or doing low fat. I find I am always hungry that way. With low carb I'm not hungry and I lose faster. I just couldn't seem to stick with it the first 5 months of my quit. I craved carbohydrates so bad. I figured it was better to keep my quit and not worry about the weight so much at that point. I'm determined in 2007 to finish "fixing" my health. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
LOL Missthing you had me cracking up this morning. I once dreamt that I was eating brownies and felt so guilty when i woke up wondering if I really did cheat or not. But I'm glad I didn't find them in bed (or beside the bed)
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right, girls, I need some motivation to stop stuffing my face - and I have come here! lol HEEEELP!!! I just can't seem to stop eating naughty foods. I don't seem to care that I can't fit into any of my clothes any more. I need the motivation to stop eating, basically. I reckon if I hang around here long enough, your wonderful efforts will rub off on me - and I may start to change my ways. So, tomorrow (manhana!!! always the way!!) I will start The South Beach diet - this ususally kick-starts me into thinking positively about the way I eat. If you see that I haven't done this, you have the permission to kick my wobbly bottom!!! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,457 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �690 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
I'm on a low-carb diet too. I decided that I had to do something about this weight-gain! I've been losing 2lb a week, so far. But, I haven't been able to kick-start the exercise regime - this is always the most difficult bit for me! I have been consuming about 1200 calories a day and have cut bread out of my diet completely - otherwise it's just too easy to munch on toast all day. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,741 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �546 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Goodness, I should have joined this conversation weeks ago. I'm feeling fat! Now, I need to do something about it. Thanks for the inspiration - count me in on the counting front!! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �372 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the first time I realised that smoking does burn fat (ie speeds up your metabolism) So its not the eating its the slowing down Groan! LOL Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �918.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Confession I dont normally weigh myself....... I did at the weekend and I have put on 14 lbs! I am not eating more I think nicotine burns fat! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 174 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �913.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: